Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CAD Engineer I in Charlotte, North Carolina at AccruePartners
AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We offer a competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of all of our contractor and consulting employees and their family members. Here is a listing of what our company offers: 401(k) Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Medical and Prescription Drug, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
- Fortune 500 manufacturing and technology organization with significant investment in R&D and Innovation
- Rich history with over 150 years of significant growth and innovation
- Expanding global footprint in North America, South America, Europe and Asia
- Industry leader within all 8 divisions and leader in each
- Known for growing talent internally and promoting internally
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
- Culture: Highly collaborative, teamwork-oriented environment
- Growth: Make an immediate impact in this high visibility role
- Opportunity: Ability to drive change within organization with a focus on process improvement
- Stability: Strong executive leadership team investing in its talent and elevating the global footprint
WHERE THIS POSITION IS LOCATED:
- Charlotte, NC
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT:
• Design support provided will leverage commercial sensitivity to achieve technically sound customer deliverables while enhancing business relationships.
• The Design Engineer must balance the goal of creating optimized solutions against an understanding of the customer’s needs to best meet corporate objectives, both financial and strategic.
• The Design Engineer may be involved in projects that require review and interpretation of technical information, matching products to applications, and developing solutions for customers.
• This position will require utilization of analytical skills and principles of passive optical network design to achieve desired objectives. The individual should be capable of identifying potential issues and formulating options to resolve these issues.
• It is the responsibility of the Design Engineer to understand individual product specifications, capabilities, and limitations with respect to customer objectives.
• It is the responsibility of the Design Engineer to understand network design and how components and solutions are integrated into a complete telecommunications network.
• The Design Engineer will utilize established designs standards and practices to provide customers with optimal designs and system BOMs.
• Duties may include reviewing system designs provided by customers, accompanying sales and field support personnel on customer site visits, and addressing pertinent technical issues with customers.
• The Design Engineer will utilize technical resources from other internal groups and subcontractors and would interface with internal and external customers to manage workflow.
• The Design Engineer will interface with customers and subcontractors through telephone calls, e-mail, and face-to-face visits to complete project work in a timely and accurate manner.
• The Design Engineer will have multiple peers who share similar responsibilities for design creation as well as performing other related assignments in the development and execution of system design and support.
• Many responsibilities are shared between all members of the Design Engineering group while several specific roles may be assigned to individuals to maximize efficiencies and capitalize on key strengths.
• Special assignments often requiring additional travel or even being embedded with external customers may be assigned to individuals based on demand, workload, priority, and experience.
THE BACKGROUND THAT FITS
• 4-year Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from accredited program is required. Technology degrees will not be considered.
• Proficiency with current desktop computer software including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook.
• Ability to meet stringent deadlines, operate in a fast-paced multi-task environment, and effectively manage competing time requirements.
• Self-motivation and the ability to succeed under minimal supervision, often with vague and nebulous information and direction.
• 100% proficiency in English, both written and verbal.
• 2 or more years of experience in passive optical network design for Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) or related experience in the telecommunications industry strongly preferred.
• Other industry work experience will be considered.
• Demonstrated experience with AutoCAD and other electronic drafting or GIS-based mapping tools.
• Experience working in a customer-facing role.
• Proficient presentation skills using visual aids as required.
• Ability to communicate ideas and solutions to internal and external customers at all organizational levels Technician, Engineer, Sales, Marketing, Product Management, and Leadership).