Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Design Engineer IV-61009H
ADP is seeking a System Reliability Engineer.
We believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We're building the next generation of ADP technologies.
A System Reliability Engineer (SRE) is responsible for availability, performance, and capacity of large-scale distributed systems. This role combines Software and Systems Engineering to develop creative solutions to solve challenges in a more efficient, reliable, and automated way.
The mindset of an ADP SRE is that of curiosity, problem solving, and has a passion for improving quality. SRE's automate manual processes, are proactive with identifying future problems, and ensure existing solutions operate to specification.
- Design and Develop API's, Modules, Frameworks, and Systems that support scale through automation.
- Design and develop system and software architectures to promote efficiency in a large distributed ecosystem.
- Participate in incident responses, then design/develop remedial solutions.
- Proactive engagement of IT Partners to understand, collaborate, and present alternative solutions to improve product reliability.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience working with large distributed systems.
- Able to work independently on complex analysis, design, and implementation of large-scale distributed solutions.
- Define enhancement specifications through collaboration sessions and architecture context diagrams.
- Expertise with Software Engineering which includes but not limited to Object Oriented Programming, Design Patterns, and API development in multiple languages, including Java, Python, and Shell.
- Experience with Ansible Playbooks
- Strong understanding of SQL and Table Design.
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery, configuration management, and automated testing in a virtualized/containerized environment.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure (virtualization, operating systems, load balancers, web stacks, databases, storage solutions, and networking.)
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
Unlock Your Career Potential: Technology at ADP. Do you enjoy exploring, identifying and inspiring the future of the workplace and the lives of millions of people? At ADP, the world's largest B2B cloud company, our Technology team is comprised of brilliant engineers, architects, data scientists, infrastructure experts, and more. We were first in our industry to offer a SaaS solution and continue to push the envelope utilizing the latest operating platforms to deliver the highly automated, intelligent and predictive solutions that are redefining what is possible. Named one of Forbes' "Most Innovative Companies" and one of Computerworld's "100 Best Places to Work in IT", we are committed to leading the way in product development and research, empowering you to bring to life the latest innovations that will forever change the way businesses manage their most vital asset, employees.
POSITION SUMMARY [TABP enters]
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.