Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Product Engineer - Chiller Design & Development I Homestead, FL
at Albion Staffing
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare, and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is seeking a Senior Product Engineer – Chiller Design & Development for a company located in the Homestead, FL area. This Senior Product Engineer position for Chiller product Design & Development is required to supervise and lead a team of Engineer in sustaining Engineering, new product design and development activities such as review and design of HVAC equipments, in meeting the application standards, customer/market requirements, and sound engineering principle, including ETO based products. He/She is responsible in ensuring Product Engineers under his/her care understand all the requirements and execute the product engineering duty and work in proper and timely manner.
- Supervise, provide proper guidance and lead a team of Engineers.
- Oversee continuous improvement of existing products, sustaining engineering, design and development activities
- Responsible to review factory order in complying with applicable standards, customer requirements and sound engineering principles.
- To communicate with other division such as Electrical & Control, Pressure Vessel, and other Departments to ensure smooth flow of fabrication work.
- To assist in resolving production technical issue encountered on products.
- Promote product quality, safety and performance.
- To lead on product certification and compliance process and activities, for AHRI and ETL certifications
- Responsible for the preparation of document required for the projects including Drawings, Purchased Part Specifications, Procedures, Bills of Material, Catalogues, Installation Manuals and other documents required for the design, and manufacture of the products
- Responsible for providing technical support to Sales/Marketing, Warranty Service, Quality Control & Production Departments, Associate Companies and Customer as needed, on engineering related matters and product quality feedback.
- Responsible for providing proposal for customer various requirement, do unit selection and give price add for special requirement, able to do technical parameter compliance.
- Assist Purchasing Department in sourcing components & raw materials, providing specifications and evaluating quality of vendors.
- Any other duties assigned by the Product Manager or as detailed in the Quality Documents.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experiences and industries preferably in Air-cooled, water-cooled, screw and centrifugal comps product design, testing and manufacturing process.
- Specialized knowledge of Screw comps application, centrifugal comps, vessels design including piping, components matching, condenser and evaporator design, oil management and safety code requirements will be added advantage
- Extensive knowledge of HVAC systems, applications and trouble shooting.
- Organization skills necessary to manage multiple assignments and priorities.
- Good written and verbal English communication skills and presentation skills.
- Possess strong management skills and ability to train others.
- Effective planning and control of multiple concurrent projects.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Words.
- Knowledge in engineering software such as Solidworks, Inventor, FEA, Visual Basic, AutoCad, would be added advantage.
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor’s or Professional Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility in Homestead, FL.
Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
A clean background needed for employment in Freight Forwarding company