ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Avaya VOIP Engineer (Secret Clearance) #759
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
This Voice Engineer provides project support as well as operations support required for Avaya PBX and Cisco data functions related to telecommunications that includes but is not limited to day-to-day O&M escalation support, system upgrades/enhancements, as well as ongoing projects and day-to-day moves, adds, changes (MACs). Cisco voice experience will be considered in lieu of Avaya experience.
- Supports voice engineering initiatives for all project-related and ongoing operations support for voice communications services.
- Works closely with IPT Data/Voice Lead and IPT Project Managers to review customer requirements and develops basis of estimates (BOEs), consent to purchase (CTP) material forms, circuit order request forms (CORFs)/quotes, and engineering implementation plans for all project-related initiatives
- Implements and troubleshoots enterprise Voice-related solutions/incidents/ outages
- Analyzes system logs and identifying potential issues
- Recommends and integrate new Telecommunication Voice, Video and Unified Communications technologies
- Monitors the telecommunication network infrastructure and support state-of-the-art Monitoring and Reporting tools
- Monitors, review, recommend, test, and implement new software revision/feature sets/patch evaluation and trade studies, periodic system refresh
- Responds to escalated incidents and service requests from TWD Service Delivery/Operations Teams, coordinates planned maintenance activities, coordinates/facilitates planned/unplanned service outages, and ongoing project-related support activities
- Support system maintenance activities and unplanned events
- Promptly responds to all critical/high and/ or VOIP incidents
- Monitors ticket queues
- Maintain enterprise awareness of system maintenance and outages, as well as world events that could impact IT operations
- Communicates all planned and unplanned service outages to management
- Active Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret and/or Top Secret SCI clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in related technical discipline and/or 5+ years of IT/Voice-related experience in lieu of degree
- Recent VoIP experience on an enterprise network, including implementation of QoS for H.323 and/or Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) technology
- LAN/WAN/MAN experience with a focus on WAN services (ISDN, Frame-Relay, Point-to-Point, DMVPN, METRO ETHERNET, VPLS, TLS, and MPLS)
- Working knowledge and experience with voice communications systems (Cisco/Avaya)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organizational, time management, and documentation skills
- Self-starter, with a desire to be in a fast-paced large enterprise telecommunications environment
- Accurate and prompt handling of Telecom Administration work
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to made independent judgements as to when it would be necessary escalate work related matters
- Experience with SolarWinds
- Experience with many of the following Avaya platform and/or Application components;
- Aura Communication Manager 5.2 or greater
- S-Series and COTS Server, MCC/G-Series gateways with ESS and LSP components)
- System Platform, Avaya Virtualization Platform, and Session Manager
- Aura Messaging, and Inuity Audix
- Aura Call Center Elite (EAS) and Advocate ACD call-flow
- Oracle/ACME Packet SBC’s
- Avaya Communications Automatic Route Selection (ARS) and Avaya Automatic Alternative Routing (AAR) in an enterprise environment
- Desired Certifications
- CCNP Voice and/or Data - Cisco Certified Network Professional
- CCNA Voice - Cisco Certified Network Professional
- Avaya Professional Design Specialist (APDS)
- Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist (ACIS)
- Avaya Certified Support Specialist (ACSS)
- Avaya Certified Solutions Architect (ACSA)
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Nativeowned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Triballyowned company.
Pay Type: Salary
Location: Washington, DC, USA