ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Architect - Sioux City, IA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Ho-Chunk, Inc., the Award-Winning Economic Development Corporation of the Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska, is proud to announce the development of BluStone Design. BluStone Design, an Architectural Firm, will soon be located at the Ho-Chunk Centre in beautiful downtown Sioux City, Iowa.
BluStone Design will oversee all technical activities relating to architecture and engineering in all commercial and residential projects.
BluStone Design's mission is to design quality, sustainable developments that will bring new value to the company for years to come.
Ho-Chunk Capital & BluStone Design are currently in search of a Principal Architect to lead our new team in this exciting adventure.
The position will be responsible to lead the overall company work product and production including overseeing all technical activities relating to architectural and engineering & coordination of projects, including directing the design team, reviewing drafts and computer models, and approving design changes the work of other architects. Projects will include commercial and residential.
* Direct, review, or approve project design changes.
* Develop and execute the company’s business strategies in order to attain the goals of Chief Investment Officer
* Provide strategic advice to Chief Investment Officer so that they will have accurate view of the market and the company’s future
* Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities
* Present design proposals and bids to clients according to prescribed deadlines, and explain relevant details, reports, expense line items, and goals in clear and persuasive language
* Communicate and maintain trust relationships with Chief Investment Officer, business partners and authorities
* Oversee the company’s financial performance, investments and other business ventures
* Provide consultations and spearhead negotiations with potential clients during the project development and bidding phases.
* Prepare project budgets, bids, or contracts.
* Assess project feasibility by analyzing technology, resource needs, or market demand.
* Review, recommend, or approve contracts or cost estimates.
* Reviewing or writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing policies and procedures, or purchasing of materials or services.
* Evaluate environmental regulations or social pressures related to environmental issues to inform strategic or operational decision-making.
* Solicit project support by conferring with officials or providing information to the public.
* Develop or implement programs to improve sustainability or reduce the environmental impacts of architecture activities or operations.
* Critical/Analytical Thinking.
* Stress Tolerance
* Communication Skills
This position oversees operations within the Architectural environment
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 % of the time.
* Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
* Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
* Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
* Frequently moves equipment up to 50 pounds.
* Must be able to work indoor conditions 75% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m, but may include evenings and weekend hours to fulfill the duties of Managing Director.
Will be required to travel up to 50% of the time to other locations to facilitate in project development, marketing, project oversight and other tasks.
* Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
* Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
* Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
* Knowledge and prediction of physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and applications to understanding fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics, and mechanical, electrical, atomic and sub- atomic structures and processes.
* Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
* Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
* Requires a master’s degree in Architecture from an accredited university and a minimum of 5 years of experience
* AutoCAD drafting, Revit, SketchUp, Specs Intact and IAIA Contract Documents
* Excellent written and oral communication skills along with presentation techniques
* Strict adherence to deadlines
* Professional Architect licensure
* LEED certification and understanding of sustainable design
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
None required for this position
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone,
Buy Indian Certified, Native American Tribally-owned