ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Temporary Staff Architect - Sioux City, IA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Prepare construction documents and specifications for architecture projects, using computer-aided design or other tools. Plan or design structures such as residences, office buildings, theatres, factories, or other structural properties in accordance with environmental, safety, or other regulations.
- Direct activities of technicians engaged in preparing drawings or specification documents.
- Prepare construction documents for building contractors.
- Prepare information regarding design, structure specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, or construction time.
- Meet with clients to review or discuss architectural drawings.
- Coordinate engineering drawing and specifications into unified design.
- Consult with clients to determine functional or spatial requirements of structures.
- Prepare Binders for presentations
- Conduct periodic construction administration work to monitor compliance with plans.
- Coordinate the work of specialists, such as electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, interior designers, or sound specialists to ensure optimal form or function of designs or final structures.
- Plan layouts of interior finishes.
- Represent clients in obtaining bids or awarding construction contracts.
- Design structures that incorporate environmentally respectful building practices or concepts, such as Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards.
- Perform predesign services, such as feasibility studies.
- Create three-dimensional or interactive representations of designs, using computer assisted design software.
- Critical/Analytical Thinking.
- Stress Tolerance
- Communication Skills
This position will have no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 % of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 75% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., evening/weekends as needed.
Will be required travel to other locations to meet with new/existing clients throughout the United States.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture from an accredited university or related discipline, plus minimum 3 years’ experience in architecture
- Must be able to be qualified to be a licensed architect in IA
- AutoCAD drafting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with presentation techniques
- Strict adherence to deadlines
- LEED certification and understanding of sustainable design
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
None required for this position
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.