Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Jr Software Development Engineer
at AMPEX, Inc.
- Job ID
- Information Technology
- Regular Full-Time
APMEX is the nation’s leader in Precious Metals. Our customers love our selection and service – our employees love our values and culture. Our APMEX team is large enough to get the job done better than anyone else in the industry, while being small enough to listen to, and care, about our employees. Without their dedication, APMEX would not continue to be named the #1 Specialty eRetailer by Internet Retailer Magazine! Come see why joining our APMEX team is an investment in your future!
About The Role
The Software Development Engineer’s responsibilities include code changes and new code development for reports and all applications. These will include building new features, creating new forms and reports, testing, debugging and performing day-to-day support. The individual must be a team player who is flexible and able to work well with all our key partners across the company.
- Design, build, test, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable SQL Scripts and database designs
- Design and develop solutions that will provide automated self-serve reporting and dashboard solutions
- Develop Business Logic and Data Access Layers for windows applications
- Perform data analysis, data querying, and data validation functions
- Identify defects, inconsistencies, and bugs in scripts and database designs; devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain database design quality, performance, organization and management; optimize the database in addition to creating a standardized, scalable and flexible architecture
- Design data solutions to include reports, dashboards, scorecards and tabular data based on the type of requirement
- Translate new and existing reporting requirements into actionable requirements for delivery via business intelligence applications and tools
- Diagnose and fix bugs in conjunction with QA team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of experience with databases, specifically SQL; SQL report writing using SSRS / custom reporting tools
- Strong experience working with relational databases, SQL queries, User-Defined Functions, Data Views and Stored Procedures
- Application development experience with windows applications in VB.NET / C# and working knowledge of Visual Studio environment
- Experience in using source control and ticket management system (TFS a plus)
- Strong object-oriented design and problem-solving skills
- Experience with performance tuning of applications in a real time environment
Must have a solid understanding of the following:
- SQL Server
- SSRS/Power BI/Tableau
- Visual Studio Team System
- Windows system architecture/Windows debugging skills
- C#/.Net Framework