Apple Bank for Savings
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Systems Engineer
at Apple Bank for Savings
Westchester, NY - Scarsdale
# of openings:
Senior Systems Engineer
This role will design, build and secure the organization’s IT infrastructure. The Systems Engineer participates in resource acquisition and allocation. The projects include, but are not limited to, server and storage virtualization, high availability, business continuity, disaster recovery and security. Management of on-premises hardware, cloud infrastructure and remote sites include firmware updates, resource allocation and life cycle management. This position will be a point of escalation for support and administration
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for environment availability to end users. Track IT resources and maintains vendor/consultant and end-user relationships. Provide infrastructure design, maintenance and support including but not limited to:
- Sizing and firmware management on server and datacenter hardware.
- Provide capacity analysis and management, forecasting the need for data migrations and expansion in storage capacity.
- Triage help desk tickets assigned to the group, resolve, and if necessary, escalate.
- Maintain and support system backups.
- Provide for business continuity during server related problems.
- Provide for disaster recovery contingencies
- Create and maintain specifications, system designs, procedures, and logs.
- Document all processes, system changes/fixes, and issues.
- Maintain consistent standardization of the server environment, infrastructure, functions, and objects.
- Participate in project-based work.
- Provide design and implementation expertise.
- Support project teams on data migrations, server upgrades, rollouts, and production turnover.
- Review, evaluate, and test new technology and new products from vendors
- VMWare ESXi, vCenter, Horizon and WorkspaceOne
- VxRail Manager
- F5 DNS
- Active Directory Sites and GPO
- Dell Data Domain
- G Suite Administration
- SQL Management
- Solarwinds Monitoring
- KACE System Management
- Tenable Security Center
- Netwrix Auditor
- Backup and Restore
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree OR 5+ years Equivalent Work Experience
- Enterprise Environment experience with data center hardware and virtualization
- Patch and Vulnerability Management
- Database Administrator Functions
- System and Software Deployment
- System Monitoring and Error Remediation
- Active Directory GPO and Site management
- Federated Services and Cloud Email management
- Distributed File Service
- Backup Administration
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full-time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.