Arapahoe County Sheriff
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arapahoe County Sheriff
The Solutions Architect provides expert technical leadership for application development, testing and implementation required for County-wide business operations. This position defines application and service architecture, designs and creates functional specifications for business systems applications. This position will be expected to provide oversight for business application and data security and may act in the role of technical mentor/coach to product and development teams.
Incumbent may be responsible for the outcome of solutions, providing advice, guidance and assistance to team members and end user areas on matters related to the analysis, design and implementation of automated information processing solutions.
- This position will work remotely indefinitely, but will return to work from the office when appropriate.
- The anticipated hiring range for this position is $125,000 to $135,000 annually, dependent on candidate qualifications.
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non essential or marginal duties that may be required. The County reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of the job at any time.
- Transforms requirements into architectural and design guidance, selecting the appropriate enterprise-aligned technologies for the solution.
- Establishes development standards and best practices.
- Creates and maintains architecture documentation.
- Maintains awareness of current and emerging technologies.
- Provides technical development, analysis, testing and implementation for the creation or modification of custom applications; defines project milestones and develops program logic; develops test data and methodology and applies technical procedures to prove logic and application of programming instructions.
- Provides analysis of options and alternatives for applications.
- May develop tests to troubleshoot problems, plan, test, and implement solutions.
- May generate reports for County business using current IT standards.
- May develop technical and user application instructions and documentation and may provide training on new applications or changes to existing applications for both customers and departmental employees.
- May assist in the preparation of project plans and resource projections for all activities performed within the framework of a given project. This includes defining project scope as well as preparing work plans for the project.
- Supports current IT Standards.
- Continue personal development and education to remain informed of current industry development and technologies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Expert knowledge and experience with current programming languages including ASP.Net, C#, as well as database integration (MS SQL SERVER), client/server technology, web development, web tools, relational database technology, or cloud computing.
- Knowledge and experience in development methodologies, including but not limited to: Agile, SDLC.
- Knowledge and experience working within an MVC framework environment, particularly ASP.NET MVC.
- Skills to enable design development, testing, documentation, and implementation of multi-platform systems.
- Ability to explain and discuss complex analysis and programming issues in a manner that can be understood by non-technical persons.
- Knowledge of and adherence to application security technology.
- Ability to analyze and define complex program structures.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manual and specification documents.
- Service First
- Excellent Quality
- Responsive Government
- Visionary Thinking
- Caring Leadership
- Effective Communication
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Respect for Others
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or a closely related field and contunied information technology course work is preferred.
- Eight (8) or more years of experience working with application design and development.
An equivalent combination of education and experience that satisfy the requirements of the job may be considered.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must successfully pass pre-employment testing which includes an acceptable current motor vehicle record (MVR), background check, and polygraph exam.
POST-EMPLOYMENT ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Will also require post-hire fingerprinting, a Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) background check and successful completion of bi-annual Colorado Justice Information System (CJIS) training.
- Possession of a valid Class "R" Colorado Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one within two weeks of appointment.
- Position is deemed essential and incumbents must be available for winter storm and other emergency events and available to work on-call on a rotational basis including evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Work locations and facilities are subject to change based on business need.
- Supplemental Information
- Work is generally confined to a standard office environment. Incumbent may be required at any point in time to be on-call to respond to emergency situations, special events or routine on-call schedule. Must be able to travel between multiple locations as needed. Occasional out of town travel may be required.
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position.
- Spends 70% of the time sitting and 30% either standing or walking.
- Occasionally lifts awkward objects from ground level to waist or higher, carries, pulls or pushes up to 25 pounds.
- With assistance or by use of a cart, dolly or other equipment occasionally lifts or carries up to 40 pounds.
- Occasionally stoops, kneels, balances, reaches, crawls and crouches while performing manual office duties.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery.
- Visual capacity enabling constant use of computer equipment.
Occasionally: Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequently: Activity exists between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
Constantly: Activity exists more than 2/3 of the time.
Toll Free Applicant Technical Support: If you experience technical difficulty with the NEOGOV system (i.e. uploading or attaching documents to your online application), call NEOGOV technical support at 855-524-5627. Helpful hints: if you are having difficulty uploading or attaching documents to your application, first, ensure your documents are PDF or Microsoft Word files, and second, close the document before you attempt uploading (attaching) it.