Arizona State University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ENTERPRISE VOICE COMMUNICATIONS ARCH
at Arizona State University
Enterprise Voice Communications Arch
CANES Adv Network Eng Svc
Arizona State University
Under administrative leadership, manage, configure, support solutions for telecommunications voice platforms, services, and peripherals, including call centers, audio-visual integrations, voice mail, and collaboration tools. Leads technology workers (both employees of ASU and third-party managed services providers) in executing and completing assignments/projects and participates in staff recruitment, development, evaluation and related leadership duties and responsibilities.
Depends on experience
- Design, configure, implement and troubleshoot voice infrastructure, software, hardware, licensing, subscriptions, etc., including TDM, VoIP, and SIP over TLS along with secure RTP.
- Lead teams in investigating, piloting, and implementing new voice and UC technologies as they emerge
- Coordinates with Architects from other practices to continually improve our delivery methodology and share best practices and lessons learned
- Presents UC topics and solutions to clients, partners and constituents as an ongoing steward of the ASU UC business.
- Design, configure, and lead teams in implementing and troubleshoot E911 solutions
- Provide on-call operational level support for all voice infrastructure.
- Oversee processes and standard procedures for MACD requests.
- Identify and recommend improvement opportunities that are consistent with customer needs.
- Provides technical review and approval for services estimates, proposals, and statements of work
- Provides oversight and implementation for various projects within the practice
- Supports the team in business development and engineering; acts as a subject matter expert (SME) for the practice
- Define customer business problems in a technical context
- Serves as primary point of contact and SME for carrier circuits
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or related field AND five years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience supporting Avaya and Cisco telecommunications environments having 20,000+ endpoints and multiple locations/campuses (7 years)
- Experience supporting Avaya/Cisco call center applications. (5 years)
- Experience working with Local Exchange carriers in supporting DS3 and ISDN/PRI circuits and architecture (3 years)
- Experience with in the development of telecommunications roadmaps in and integration with Avaya and Cisco VoIP telecommunications (3 years)
- Experience with AVST voicemail Call Xpress provisioning and support
- Experience with SIP service install, configuration and management
- Experience and knowledge of the specialized applications and interactions of higher-education environments
- Evidence of Certifications in : Avaya ACIS/ACSS certification(s) - Core Components & Call Center Elite
- Cicso certification(s); AVST certification ; Convergence Technologies (CTP) certification; Other industry standard certification(s), such as A+, NET+
- Experience in interpreting and using technical documentation and authoring or updating technical documents and procedures using tools such as Word, Excel, Visio, and Wiki.
- Experience organizing and reviewing the work of other technical IT staff. Team lead experience preferred
- Experience with ServiceNow ticketing and reporting
- Demonstrated knowledge of Slack, Zoom, and other UC integrations with Cisco platforms
- Evidence of effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in communicating clearly with technical and non-technical staff and managers.
- Evidence in being a self-starter, with strong organizational and task management skills.
- Experience with Gaitronics emergency call box configuration, troubleshooting, and support.
- Experience working with police department communications services, both campus and municipal first responder entities.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work. Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds. Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions
The University Technology Office embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 54954BR
To review the official HR listing please visit the link below.
Another window will open and allow you to review this listing and application process.
If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.