Best Western Hotel Jobs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Best Western Hotel Jobs
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer Job Summary: Directs and implements maintenance programs aimed at maintaining a zero defect environment for guests. Inspects, maintains, and repairs all mechanical, electrical, and other equipment used by the guests or affecting the quality of their experience while visiting the property.
- Creates a safe and attractive environment for guests and associates by ensuring the hotel is maintained in accordance with safety standards.
- Completes hotel room and building repairs such as replacing ceiling tiles, filters, light bulbs, patching vinyl, and painting. Performs repairs on toilets, sinks, laundry facilities, kitchen and other hotel property.
- Develops plans for completing routine and preventative maintenance and renovations; coordinates work with hotel department managers.
- Maintains safety and cleanliness of the exterior of the hotel, grounds, pool and exercise room.
- Prepares engineering budget. Monitors actual versus budgeted expenses and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Ensures hotel adheres to all regulatory and safety standards by meeting with government and insurance inspectors and taking correction action as needed.
- Keeps all mechanical, electrical, and structural blueprints up to date.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- HVAC certification preferred.
- Knowledge of basic electrical and plumbing maintenance.
- Experience with general maintenance tools.
- Troubleshooting ability with skills in painting, HVAC, and carpentry.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push, pull, bend, stoop, and reach upward.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to extreme temperatures and cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and coworkers.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $14.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Masks and Gloves are required and also provided.
- Evening (Required)
Hours per week:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply