Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Plant Engineer
at Cabot Corporation.
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Provides leadership and expertise regarding continuous improvements in manufacturing process capability, capacity and productivity and ensure safe and optimal process utilization. Develops and implements process changes and equipment care procedures to ensure plant safety and reliability.
- Models Cabot values of integrity, respect, excellence, and responsibility. Influences site toward generative team atmosphere. Interacts professionally with site personnel, visitors, contractors, and individuals at all levels of the Cabot organization. Follows work instructions, procedures, and policies.
- Works in a safe manner. Actively participates in Cabot's safety, health, and environmental programs. Attends scheduled team meetings and completes safety training requirements. Keeps work area safe and clean.
- Identifies, recommends and implements improvements in plant performance to optimize product volume, yields and quality in accordance with business needs.
- Provides technical advice and support to resolve unusual problems. Uses statistical techniques to improve process capability; uses failure analysis methodology and upgrades and/or implement process improvements.
- May work in support of site mechanical integrity program by investigating equipment problems and eliminating recurrence of failures that will improve plant performance and reliability. Reviews preventive maintenance plans to ensure optimum scheduling. Implements Predictive Maintenance Programs to monitor the condition of the plant and equipment to maximize plant safety and reliability and reduce downtime.
- Assists in the design, procurement and installation of new equipment. May develop plant-wide Standard Operating Procedures for process and equipment operation. Supports and implements new product and process runs and prepare relevant documentation.
- Conducts "end-of-life" assessments making recommendations for equipment repairs and replacements. Assists with equipment repairs of stationary and rotating equipment by working with original equipment manufacturers, after-market suppliers, and outside repair shops.
- May serve as Process Safety Management (PSM) custodian at the plant in coordination with regional PSM representative in the evaluation of manufacturing process-related risks and incidents. May participate in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) for key production/capital projects. Ensures all product and process changes are implemented in line with appropriate Management of Change (MOC) processes.
- Monitors maintenance projects and progress, external contractors in accordance with all site regulations and standards.
- Supports efforts to implement and maintain the Responsible Care® and ISO Management Systems in line with the requirements of the RC14001® and ISO9001 technical specifications.
- Completes all required reports, records, and measurements, i.e. SH&E incident reporting, product testing results, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors/University degree in Chemical Engineering
- Prefer at least five years of manufacturing experience.
- Prefer experience with distributive control systems.
- Knowledge of Chemical Manufacturing; process and product technology; engineering principles; mechanical and instrumentation systems; calibration and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) methodology and reliability analysis tools.
- Analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Project Management skills.
- Willing and able to work collaboratively in a team-based environment. Strong written and verbal communication and active listening skills. Able to work independently as well. Self-motivated with a track record of dependability including work history.
- A proven positive safety, health, and environmental record. Familiar with topics such as personal protective equipment, confined space entry, lockout / tagout, hot work, safe work permitting, emergency response, and hazard awareness.
- Knowledge of chemical manufacturing processes, troubleshooting, problem solve, process control, and process improvements. Able to read and interpret complex operating instructions.
- Accurate and consistent in performing tasks. General mechanical aptitude. Familiar with safe and effective use of basic hand tools.
- Ability to remain calm and react effectively in critical situations. Experience with accident and near miss reporting, incident investigation, and accountability to standards
- Effective time management, organizational, and record keeping skills. Basic computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook (e-mail program).
About the Company
Founded in 1882, Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) is a global specialty chemicals and performance materials company, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company is a leading provider of rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, aerogel and elastomer composites.
Cabot Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.