Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Research Engineer
at Carpenter Co.
Carpenter Co. has a great career opportunity available for a Associate Research Engineer at our Technical Center located in Richmond, Virginia. This position will focus on providing design and new process development support between the technical center and the chemical plant. In this role, the incumbent will review, perform and test chemical processes at the pilot plant. Additionally, the Associate Research Engineer will be responsible for documenting process findings and recommending improvements as required.
- Coordinate and manage capital projects for the pilot plant.
- Technology transfer from pilot plant to production.
- Design and coordinate process-related projects with technical center research teams.
- Troubleshoot process and equipment issues at Carpenter or customer sites.
- Develop a preventative maintenance program for new and existing equipment in a large-scale foam and chemicals processing laboratory.
- Develop a working knowledge of new and existing equipment and communicating this knowledge in the form of written work instructions, diagrams, or visual presentations.
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering
- 1-2 years of prior pilot plant and/or manufacturing experience
- Experience operating and troubleshooting process equipment (reactors, boilers, agitators, heat exchangers, instrumentation, etc,)
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, and visual presentation software (MS Office)
- Mechanical aptitude
- AUTOCAD experience