Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Software Engineer - Federal Clients
at Cerner Corporation
Senior Software Engineer - Federal Clients
Being a Senior Software Engineer on the Integration and Automation team is both rewarding and challenging. The team provides services that have a direct impact on both our clients and Cerner associates. Our work is non-routine, complex, and involves solving problems at an enterprise level. You need to have a strong passion for solving problems and integrating emerging technologies into your daily life.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for providing technical direction to a team and ensuring that quality applications are developed to meet specified business needs. Associates in this role must have a thorough understanding of requirements and a deep understanding of software engineering domains. You will participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle and lead efforts to automate as much of the lifecycle as possible through the cultivation of a DevOps culture.
Auto req ID
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Due to specific client contract requirements, this position requires that the successful candidate be a U.S. citizen. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. The client contract also requires receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for the position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important – people’s health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
EEO is the Law (English)
E-Verify Participation (English)
Right to Work (English)
EEO is the Law (Spanish)
E-Verify Participation (Spanish)
Right to Work (Spanish)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of Software Engineering work experience
- Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
- Due to the client contract you will be assigned, this position requires you to be a U.S. citizen
- Experience designing and developing microservices
- At least 3+ years of experience with Java, Spring Boot, Git, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, API Management, and MVC
- Experience with system automation using scripting language (Python, Shell, etc)
- At least 2+ years of exposure working in a DevOps environment
- Strong understanding and experience with securing the services and platforms’
- Experience automating CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience interacting with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience integrating disparate technology systems
- Experience in RESTful and SOAP-based web services
- Understanding of XML, JSON, Web Services technologies, and data structure fundamentals, with experience in multi-threaded programming
- Willingness to learn and work on workflow technologies such as IBM BPM and Symantec Workflow
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Must be residing or willing to relocate to Kansas City, MO
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes - Domestic/Regional
Job Family Group