City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrical Plans Examiner II
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Reviews and examines highly technical and complex plans and specifications for electrical systems to ensure compliance with the City’s electrical code and national standards. Provides technical advice and assistance to architects, engineers, contractors, and department staff on electrical code compliance, design corrections, and plans interpretation problems. Performs customer service at a public counter as needed.
Currently there is one vacancy in the Planning and Development Department. This recruitment may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
Recruitment will close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$26.19 (minimum) - $38.40 (maximum) hourly / $54,475- $79,872 annually. Based on qualifications and department budget appointment can be made above the minimum.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA plan; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days. For more details, visit:Unit 3 Benefits
- Two years of experience examining, evaluating, and/or designing electrical plans for multi-story, residential, tenant improvement, and small commercial projects to ensure compliance with the City’s electrical code and national standards supplemented by courses in electrical engineering.
- Only the highest qualified will be posted to the eligible to hire list.
- The City job description can be found here
By the end of probation, obtain TWO certifications (one plan review and one inspector)
- IAEI Electrical Plan Review OR ICC Electrical Plans Examiner
- IAEI Electrical One and two family Dwelling Inspector OR ICC Residential Electrical Inspector
- IAEI Electrical General Inspector OR ICC Commercial Electrical Inspector
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
YOUR COVER LETTER
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Electrical Plans Examiner II, Job Code #60110, ID #30575, 02/10/19, CP, Benefits Code: 003 Q
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.