City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Engineering Technician
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Positions in this classification perform a variety of Civil and Technical engineering work duties may include area calculation and construction blueprint/plan interpretation, estimating costs and assessments, reviewing plans and maps, issuing permits, and processing cash transactions. All positions will require daily contact with customers in person and on the phone.
This recruitment may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
Recruitment closes April 29, 2019. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
$18.72 (minimum) - $27.47 (maximum) hourly
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA plan; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days. For more details, visit: Unit 3 Benefits
- Three years of experience in paraprofessional engineering in the past three years.
- The ability to move objects weighing up to 20 pounds may be required.
- Only the highest qualified will be posted to the eligible to hire list.
- The City job description can be found here
- Experience processing transactions using a cash drawer.
- Experience working in an addressing system.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
YOUR COVER LETTER
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Senior Engineering Technician, JC: 19240, ID# 31478, 04/15/19 , 3m, CP, Benefits:3, Q
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.