Cole & Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior GIS Operator
at Cole & Associates
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this job classification.
- Perform advanced GIS functions including models, scripting and application development
- Utilize GIS and associated software to produce, display, and analyze geographic information; creates case maps to internal customers in various departments
- Develops ArcMap projects/layouts for the fulfillment of data requests as necessary; designs cartographic and other visual graphic output.
- Assist with GIS mobile data collection processes such as ArcPad, Arc GIS for iOS or other related data collection technologies.
- Prepare, update, and maintain graphic displays databases, reports, statistical information and maps as requested.
- Assists in the collection of mapping of land use, environmental and other types of data for comprehensive plans.
- Interpret various information from applications to GIS files, e.g. survey drawings, site development plans, subdivision plans, plats.
- Assist various employees with map production and analysis of spatial database information; provides technical support to train and assist system users in new and existing GIS applications.
- Organizes, creates, manipulates, enters and retrieves GIS data for reporting, analysis, and presentation purposes.
- Manage and coordinate GIS sub-consultant work
- Serve as GIS liaison for ADA and other related programs within the firm
- Performs related duties as directed.
Education and Experience
- Experience will vary depending on level of GIS position; minimal education/requirements are listed for GIS Specialist I
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Computer Science, Planning, Engineering, Surveying or related field. Minimum of five plus years’ experience in GIS; or an equivalent combination of education, training, experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience in the use and Administration of Advanced GIS function including models, scripting and application development.
- Skill in researching, compiling, and summarizing statistical data and information materials.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communications with project consultants, private contractors, City employees, and the general public.
- Ability to organize work, establish priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with a minimum of direction.
- Transportation or Civil Engineering background preferred but not required.
It is the policy of Cole & Associates, Inc. a Missouri Corporation d.b.a Cole Design Group, Inc. in Texas & Arizona,herein referred to as "Cole" not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.