Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Application Analyst, Epic PB Claims / Electronic Remit
at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Full Time (Exempt)
Work Hours: 8/M-F
Application Analyst, Epic PB Claims/Electronic Remit
· Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Scholarship Reimbursement
· Excellent Team Orientated Culture
· Free Gym for Employees onsite
· Employee Commissary
· "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 9 years in a row!
Responsible for supporting basic application functions, performing system configuration tasks, maintaining security, resolving problems, and meeting all customer expectations for applications maintained by the Health Information Technology (HIT) department. Responsible for upgrading and patching applications. Responsible for generating and compiling reports.
Serves as the liaison between the staff, technology teams, and support teams. Utilizes application expert knowledge and tools to optimize applications. Develops strategies for change management and system performance improvement. Collaborates with users and vendors in resolving system problems. Participates in planning, building, evaluating, testing, implementing, and documenting new processes, modules, screens, and interfaces for business systems. Guides application users in identifying functional requirements and implementing effective information support systems. Guides system users in evaluating their processes in order to define, simplify, and automate the activities comprising each process. Recommends automated solutions. Leads small projects. Must be able to effectively utilize incident management tools and procedures to accurately track and escalate issues. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Exposure and familiarity with Epic required
- Epic certification highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Self-motivated and flexible to accommodate changes in business strategies.
- Detail oriented.
- Desire and ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work productively in teams and independently.
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment
Strong organizational skills
Equal Opportunity Employer