Credit Union of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Automation and Release Engineer (74297)
at Credit Union of Colorado
General Purpose of the Position
The Automation Release Engineer works with the Enterprise Application Development team and the other business units to manage code and system changes, deploy and release codes into the production environment. Responsible for automating business processes and assist with production support of enterprise applications when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. May perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Work with PMO, process improvement team and other business units across organization to automate processes using Automation tools
- Responsible for coordinating release management and change management for all enterprise applications across the organization
- Adopt Agile Methodologies and effective use of time management to prioritize and execute work with urgency to meet deadlines and flexible and adaptable to change and speed of work.
- Work with SaaS vendors, business owners, and developers in coordinating release activities and daily processing operations in systems
- Ensuring that each application and software version and release is thoroughly tested for performance and reliability
- Coordinate with PMs, testers, developers on software build, releases, and deployment of software development projects to production
- Work with vendors, businesses, and internal IT resources to resolve issues leading bug fixing and troubleshooting for each software version and review user-reported bugs, crash logs, and software reviews to identify areas that need improvement and attention
- Review and maintain release documentation for both internal use and for the end user. This documentation can include information about stable release versions, identified and resolved bugs, and potential issues that the developers may need to address post-deployment
- Support continuous delivery programs in which patches, new versions, and bug fixes are more frequently deployed to end users without sacrificing stability or reliability
- Assist Enterprise application operation team maintain, upgrade, patch and support enterprise applications and software
- Other duties assigned
- Preserves confidentiality of credit union records.
- Provides excellent service by demonstrating courtesy and personal concern for members and co-workers needs and follows-up to ensure those needs are met.
- Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the credit union, including the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC.
- Responsible for compliance with the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA), the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Anti Money Laundering Act, including monitoring for such illegal activity as it applies to this position.
This position is considered “essential staff.” This will involve having to work during non-business hours (weekends, holidays, etc.). Must carry pager/cell phone for off hour support.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; four years related experience and/or training in Quality Assurance and Release Management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated technical skills in complex, highly available, secure networks and infrastructure.
- Experience with automation tools
- .NET, object-oriented programming (Java, C++), Release Management and Testing software experience, preferred
- Experience with financial banking processes, applications, and systems such as Symitar, Symitar PowerOn and Dell Boomi Middleware are nice to have
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Agile development and DevOPS environments using but not limited to tools such as Jira Software
- Attention to details and strong aptitude to reduce manual processing with automation
- Understanding of Credit Union operations and information output needs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically required to sit for long periods. The employee continually is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop and reach with hands and arms. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Creates trust by building relationships and actively discovers the right solutions for Members and peers; understands that the credit union exists as a result of Member trust and loyalty in the organization and employees; is passionate and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external Members.
COOPERATION AND TEAMWORK
Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; works harmoniously with others; uses and understands diplomacy and tact; encourages collaboration; seeks opinions; is candid with peers; values working relationships. Readily puts in extra effort to accomplish important tasks.
Understands the member’s best interest is first; demonstrates decisions which are based on creating the best possible outcome for the member; makes decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most recommendations and decisions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems creating effective solutions; is resilient and will own the solution and the problem; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Pushes self and others to achieve the best possible results for the Member, organization and employees; proactively seeks out opportunities; raises hand, rather than waits to be asked; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; understands that it’s OK to make a mistake (fail forward).
Learns on the fly; is a relentless, versatile and an active learner; open to change; can learn new skills and knowledge; analyzes both successes and failures for opportunities to improve; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weaknesses and limits.
A cultural mindset that supports new ideas, fosters experimentation and drives continuous improvement to deliver member value. Combines and brings forward ideas in unique ways to make connections between disparate ideas; willingness to explore different lines of thought and suggestions and try new ideas through experimentation, views situations from multiple perspectives; brainstorms multiple approaches/solutions to benefit members.
We are an EEO Employer