Credit Union of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Network Engineer (70731)
at Credit Union of Colorado
The Senior Network Engineer provides the Credit Union of Colorado with technology implementation support and guidance for the network and security. The role will be will be responsible for designing, building & maintaining network and connectivity components within an enterprise network. It demands a thorough understanding of logical and physical, private & public network architectures including routers, switches, transit, peering, transport, cloud and security methodologies. Support and guidance to be provided for all network, security and cloud-based services such as Cisco FTDs, Cisco core network, Cisco Meraki, VPN’s, Automated Disaster Recover, PaaS, IaaS and other as a service solutions. This individual will work with business units, including Core Services, End User Services, Project Management, Information Security, Business Intelligence, Ecommerce and Risk to deliver business driven IT services through service design, transition, and operational processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. May perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Minimum 10+ years experience in an Enterprise LAN/WAN environment, managing and supporting the integrity and security of a complex network infrastructure consisting of routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points and other network appliances/servers
- Extensive working knowledge of IP networks, routing, layer 2 and layer 3 switching, routing protocols such as BGP or OSPF, QoS, VPN technologies, VPLS and network protocols such as DHCP and DNS
- Accountable for consulting and delivering highly redundant network services for the credit union, from design through execution, including a critical role in the creation and ongoing support of the Disaster Recovery Strategy for the credit union
- Works directly to implement, maintain, support and continuously improve the enterprise network delivered through IT.
- Maintain network infrastructure and monitoring, including maintenance of component inventory, subscriptions, licensing, lifecycle management and related documentation including physical layouts and logical data flow diagrams
- Build out & maintain critical services/connectivity map for interconnected datacenters, application and cloud while monitoring the effectiveness of the existing systems in place
- Deliver solutions to meet the needs of business services focused on uptime, availability, scalability and security
- Provide security minded solutions that deliver the credit union with the most secure network through teamwork with the security team that meets our audit requirements
- Automation of daily tasks to simplify the support required for KTLO support
- Cisco ISE/802.1X deployment experience throughout a network including all ports in the access layer, wireless and data center
- Experience deploying and maintaining wireless infrastructure throughout an enterprise network
Soft skills required to be effective
- Drive a culture of collaboration, transparency and innovation to drive value to our members and their experience.
- Explain highly technical solutions to non-technical staff, crisp clear communication and ability to explain solutions and how they provide value.
- Acts as an advocate for our business partners to deliver value to the organization and our members.
- Responsible for the management of 3rd parties/vendors to ensure strong relationships that provide partnerships and continuous growth.
- Timely communication and issue escalation ensuring appropriate and accurate visibility to all levels of stakeholders, including senior management team.
- Collaborates regularly with all needed business units to deliver services and drive IT within the credit union.
- Professionally represents the Credit Union in contacts with business and trade professionals.
- Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the credit union, including the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC.
- Responsible for compliance with the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA), the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Anti Money Laundering Act, including monitoring for such illegal activity as it applies to this position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university or four years related experience and/or training; or any combination of experience and/or training equivalent to bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in an information technology environment, preferably in financial services.
Security minded skillset to navigate the complex network infrastructure land scape
Exceptional customer/member service skills.
Information Systems development and implementation; system conversion experience a plus.
Demonstrated Technical skills in complex, highly available, secure networks and infrastructure.
Experience in managing on-site, co-location and externally hosted data centers.
Exemplary technical and business assessment skills to evaluate strategic value of technology systems, data solutions and work processes to serve members and employees.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Experience with the most current technologies and products used in the industry.
Preferred Platforms include:
General IT and Systems Networking and Security
ITSM tool sets (ManageEngine, ServiceNow, etc.)
Microsoft Visio or diagraming experience (NetBrain)
Scripting experience - Python, Perl, Powershell, VBS, Ruby, etc.
Automation - Closed loop, NSO, Netbrain, SolarWinds etc.
Azure, AWS, Google and various Cloud Solutions
ITIL Foundations Certification preferred
Additional knowledge of the following a plus:
IT Frameworks (ITIL, TOGAF, COBIT, ISO 20000)
Network and Systems Administration (CCIE, CCNP, CISSP)
Creates trust by building relationships and actively discovers the right solutions for Members and peers; understands that the credit union exists as a result of Member trust and loyalty in the organization and employees; is passionate and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external Members.
COOPERATION AND TEAMWORK
Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; works harmoniously with others; uses and understands diplomacy and tact; encourages collaboration; seeks opinions; is candid with peers; values working relationships. Readily puts in extra effort to accomplish important tasks.
Understands the member’s best interest is first; demonstrates decisions which are based on creating the best possible outcome for the member; makes decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most recommendations and decisions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems creating effective solutions; is resilient and will own the solution and the problem; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Pushes self and others to achieve the best possible results for the Member, organization and employees; proactively seeks out opportunities; raises hand, rather than waits to be asked; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; understands that it’s OK to make a mistake (fail forward).
Learns on the fly; is a relentless, versatile and an active learner; open to change; can learn new skills and knowledge; analyzes both successes and failures for opportunities to improve; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weaknesses and limits.
A cultural mindset that supports new ideas, fosters experimentation and drives continuous improvement to deliver member value.
Combines and brings forward ideas in unique ways to make connections between disparate ideas; willingness to explore different lines of thought and suggestions and try new ideas through experimentation, views situations from multiple perspectives; brainstorms multiple approaches/solutions to benefit members.