Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Advanced Software Development Engineer (Cloud Applications)
at CVS Health
Aetna-CVSHealth’s Consumer Health & Products division, Aetna Digital’s mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna’s digital transformation and all digital products, as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be a part of the team that will build this next generation platform.
You will join the product team that will deliver the platform that will disrupt the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. We want you to bring forward your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
In this role, you will use your experience in working on the latest big data, cloud technologies, and development methodologies involving cloud computing, NoSQL databases, security, encryption, data movement in order to help us leverage data and IoT events to deliver critical capabilities. You will be working as a member of one of our scrum teams in Burlington (MA), New York (NY) or Alpharetta (GA).
You will be actively contributing in architecting, designing & developing applications/pipelines for data movement, transformation and dissemination using advanced technologies, such as Microservices, Docker/Containers & CI/CD in cloud native environments.
You will lead a team of developers responsible for building new and support existing scalable cloud native web/webservices applications.
You should have the ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills. Creative engineering balanced with high quality and a customer focus. Must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast-paced environment.
You will work on cutting-edge applications and products. Brainstorming with architects, product managers, data scientists and fellow engineers to build data products used improve the health outcomes of millions of people.
* Architect, Design and Develop cloud scalable applications & services in a containerized and CI/CD environment
* Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
* Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
* Establish frameworks for quickly rolling out new data analysis for standalone data-driven products and micro-services
* Demonstrate a deep knowledge of, and ability to operationalize, scalable web/webservices applications with industry standards and best practices.
* Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
* Partner end-to-end with Architects, Product Managers and Data Engineers to understand customer requirements and design prototypes and bring ideas to production
* Provide support in all phases of SDLC and ensure to deliver high-quality products.
* Provide trainings and mentor other Engineers when required.
* Work with other Engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines.
* Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities.
What we are looking for:
* We develop real products. You need to be an expert in design, coding and scripting
* We prioritize professional industry experience; advanced degrees alone do not replace real world experience
* We have massive scale. You need to have experience in distributed, scalable systems.
* You must have worked with modern data storage, messaging, and processing tools and demonstrated experience designing and coding in big-data components.
* We are a growing, diverse team and we work together on delivering a Health Cloud platform. We love to collaborate and help each other, and we want someone to share that ideology
* We are and need other self-starters who can see the big picture and prioritize their work to make the largest impact on the business and customers vision and requirements
* 8+ years software development in enterprise/ web/ cloud applications
* Expert knowledge with functional, imperative and object-oriented languages and methodologies
* Experienced in CI/CD, Cloud DevOps and operationalized distributed and highly scalable & available cloud applications.
* Has architected, designed, delivered and operationalized scalable microservices based web/ webservices applications in cloud native environments.
* Strong demonstration of developing modern web applications (designing modern REST based APIs, 3rd party integration, Web UI interactions, etc.).
* Extensive experience with cloud computing technologies. Must have proven track record in consuming AWS or GCP or Azure or similar public cloud environments.
* Understands security threats and patterns comprehensively and ensures adherence to all regulatory initiatives, HIPAA, PHI, PII, locational & contractual data restrictions.
* Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant, etc.
* Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, etc.
* Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, leadership and collaboration skills.
* A doyen in Software design software architecture, teamwork, result oriented, high energy and self-motivated cloud and enterprise technology.
* Able to identify a vision along with the plans, which need to be implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions and issues in the short, medium and long term.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
* Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
Additional Job Information
* Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 5% of your 401(k) contributions!
* Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
* Gym / Showers
* A top of the line MacBook Pro
* Sit/stand desk
* Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
* $200/yr. towards wellness - gym membership, Fitbit, treadmill
* Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
* Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Aetna-CVSHealth is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna-CVSHealth is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna-CVSHealth takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.