Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Engineer - Big Data Analytics
at CVS Health
If you are passionate about making a difference in the work you do, being recognized for your talent and expertise in solving complex and challenging analytical/data problems while contributing to the success of key strategic initiatives, consider growing your career with a Fortune 10 healthcare leader!
As a member of the Enterprise Analytics organization you will be responsible for the leadership and coordination of critical cross-functional analytic initiatives. You will be responsible for architecting, building, and maintaining a cloud based data and analytics infrastructure aimed at supporting initiatives across our retail business. You will be the primary point of contact with governance, IT teams to enable solutions. You will also be managing communications with external vendors and coordinate teams through approvals processes and implementation.
Essential Job Functions:
Using the latest in big data technology, you will be charged with:
* Act as the primary liaison with vendor, internal IT and information security/privacy teams to ensure that the applications are implemented in compliance with CVS health policies
* Oversee solution architecture across multiple projects in Retail to ensure common frameworks are leveraged
* Making analytics faster, more insightful, and more efficient by architecting, building, and maintaining a next-generation Big Data framework
* Bringing a DevOps mindset to enable big data and batch/real-time analytical solutions that leverage emerging technologies and best practices in release management
* Establish production processes responsible for delivering with accountability for production support
Establish governance process and access control processes to maintain appropriate controls on sensitive data
* Partner with IT to maintain development and production environments and platform/tool enablement to meet solution requirements, including cluster and cloud cost management
* Bring strong project, process, stakeholder management and communication skills operating in a highly matrix cross functional organizational
* Mentor junior Data Engineers and guide team through industry best practices in the development of code and deployment to a production system
To be considered for this new opportunity on our Retail Finance Analytics team, the candidate should have a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Educational background may serve as a substitute for part or all of the length of relevant employment requirement. In addition, you will need to have:
* Hands-on experience with "big data" platforms including Hadoop (preferably Azure or AWS) and Spark as well as experience with traditional RDBMS (eg, Teradata, Oracle).
* Proficiency in "big data" technologies including Spark, Airflow, Kafka, Hbase, Pig, NoSQL databases, etc.
* Proficiency in the following programming languages: PySpark, Python, shell scripting, SQL (preferably Teradata and PL/SQL syntax) and Hive, Pig, C++ Java, or Scala
* Ability to design and build a framework to orchestrate data pipelines
* Experience in solution architecture for at least 2 complex projects involving cloud and big data platforms
* Proficiency with tools to automate CI/CD pipelines (eg, Jenkins, GIT, Control-M)
* Design and implement end-to-end solutions using Big Data solutions, Optimization, and other advanced technologies, and own live deployments.
* Experience working in cross-functional teams and a good understanding of data governance processes and large scale Data Warehouse / Big Data implementations
* Proven ability to manage communication and collaboration across cross functional teams
* Strong data management experience in building data layers in Sandbox or Production environment for Reporting and Analytical Use Cases
* Strong Data Architect and Data Modelling experience in creating Semantic Layer Data Models, preferably on Teradata
* Experience with developing Metrics and KPI data layers for broader business and analytic consumption and exposure to data visualization using Tableau
* Experience working via an agile, sprint-based working style
* Experience working side-by-side with business owners, and translating business needs into analytics solutions
* Proven ability to successfully balance near-term results with long-term goals
* Comfortable balancing quality of output with short timelines required to enable downstream functions
* Retail / Healthcare data and domain knowledge
* Experience with cloud computing environment
* Experience working on a large scale Spark implementation
BA/BS degree (computer science, math, physics, or related field) required with 6+ years of relevant experience; or a Master's degree or equivalent in an analytic discipline and 3+ years of relevant experience; or a PhD and 1+ years of relevant experience.
At Coram, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.