Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Engineer Internship (Undergraduate)
at CVS Health
Start Date: 6/7/2021
End Date: 8/13/2021
CVS Health is the nation's premier health innovation company helping people on their path to better health. We are building a new health care model that is easier to use, less expensive, and puts the consumer at the center of their care. Our Corporate Internship Program is a nationally recognized experience; it is also a great way to gain confidence, sharpen your skills, and make a difference.
You will gain valuable work experience and participate in:
* Projects that contribute to the success of our business
* Community service initiatives
* Mentorship and networking opportunities
* Interaction with senior leaders
And our corporate interns have an increased likelihood to receive an offer for a future role with CVS Health.
CVS Caremark offers a comprehensive internship program designed to engage students, impart valuable skills, and offer insight into a potential career path with a Fortune 13 company. Highlights include a structured program plan, hands on project work, access to mentorship and networking opportunities, and learning and development sessions. During the 10 week engagement interns will be in a supportive learning environment contributing both independently and on a team against key department initiatives. Competitive compensation is offered including a stipend for eligible candidates.
What this business area supports:
CVS Health's Medicare Data Intelligence team is part of Aetna and supports the entire Medicare organization by participating in the design, build and management of large-scale data structures and pipelines and efficient Extract/Load/Transform (ETL) workflows. The Data Intelligence team is focused on creating a framework for developing large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs focusing on complex business problems. We use advanced technology and tools, data modeling techniques, and ETL processes to enable data acquisition by leveraging big data within a cutting-edge environment. We’re focused on creating new opportunities that drive change in areas such as Medicare stars, service operations, Patient Safety, population health management and member experience.
What you will do:
* Analyze business processes and database table structures to generate business requirements and technical specifications
* Create and maintain documentation on database structures, web applications and process flows
* Present and provide recommendations to internal teams and stakeholders
* Work with business partners to support the design of programs/campaigns that will improve the quality of health care, lower costs, and help our members achieve their best health
You should have:
* Data analysis skills
* Ability to leverage multiple tools to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources.
* A strong ability to communicate technical concepts and insights to business partners
* Excellent problem-solving skills as well as critical thinking and conceptual thinking abilities
* Conceptual understanding of what databases are , some modeling experience with SQL or relational data bases
* Have a willingness to relocate
* Have a passion to help transform health care
* Have a Strong Interest in Health Care
* Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
* Possess strong analytical and problem resolution skills
* Be able to communicate effectively with a diverse audience
* Encourage teamwork and a positive environment to improve team effectiveness
* Be resourceful and can quickly and successfully adapt to change
* Have an interest in obtaining full-time position within CVS Health
* Currently be pursuing an Bachelors degree
* Have an anticipated graduation date between September 2021 and August 2022
* Have a majors/concentration in Computer Systems, Database Management, Computer Programming, or similar
* Have a 3.0 + cumulative GPA
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.