Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Software Development Engineer
at CVS Health
In this role, you will use your experience in working on the latest big data, cloud technologies, and development methodologies involving cloud computing, NoSQL databases, security, encryption, data movement in order to help us leverage data and IoT events to deliver critical capabilities. You will be working as a member of one of our scrum teams in Burlington, MA, New York, NY or Alpharetta, GA.
You will be actively contributing in architecting, designing & developing applications/pipelines for data movement, transformation and dissemination using advanced technologies, such as Microservices, Docker/Containers & CI/CD in cloud native environments.
You will lead a team of developers responsible for building new and support existing scalable cloud native web/webservices applications.
You should have the ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills. Creative engineering balanced with high quality and a customer focus. Must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast-paced environment.
You will work on cutting-edge applications and products. Brainstorming with architects, product managers, data scientists and fellow engineers to build data products used improve the health outcomes of millions of people.
* Architect, design and develop cloud scalable services in a containerized and CI/CD environment
* Architect, design, implement and support data integration for enterprise-scale datasets, using Big Data technologies such as Kafka, data streaming, Spark, relational and NoSQL data stores.
* Establish frameworks for application integration with big data and IoT datasets, including connected devices and electronic medical records.
* Model data and metadata to support persona-based interactions as defined through interfacing with business customers, gathering requirements, and delivering solutions
* Demonstrate a deep expertise of and ability to operationalize leading data technologies and best practices
* Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
* Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
* Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
* Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
* Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
* Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
* Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products
* Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting and hiring
* Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
* Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
* Be a persistent, creative problem solver
* Remain cool and effective in a crisis
* Stay on the leading edge of development practices
* Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
* Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities.
* Participate in design reviews and recommend improvements.
* Provide support in all phases of SDLC and ensure to deliver high-quality products.
* Provide trainings and mentor other Engineers when required.
* Work with other Engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines.
* Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities.
* Assist in technical audits and make sure to implement audit recommendations.
What we are looking for:
* We develop real products. You need to be an expert in design, coding and scripting
* We prioritize professional industry experience; advanced degrees alone do not replace real world experience
* We have massive scale. You need to have experience in distributed, scalable systems.
* You must have worked with modern data storage, messaging, and processing tools and demonstrated experience designing and coding in big-data components.
* We are a growing, diverse team and we work together on delivering a Health Cloud platform. We love to collaborate and help each other, and we want someone to share that ideology
* We are and need other self-starters who can see the big picture and prioritize their work to make the largest impact on the business and customers vision and requirements
* 8-10 years software development in enterprise/ web/ cloud applications
* Big Data expertise with cloud and enterprise level design/implementation
* Extensive experience with cloud computing technologies. Must have proven track record developing in AWS or GCP or Azure or similar public cloud environments.
* Expert knowledge with functional, imperative and object-oriented languages and methodologies
* Has architected, designed, delivered and operationalized scalable microservices based web/ webservices applications in cloud native environments.
* Provides technical leadership direction, determining and developing approach to solutions by coordinating multiple resources to solve complex problems
* Understands security threats and patterns comprehensively and ensures adherence to all regulatory initiatives, HIPAA, PHI, PII, locational & contractual data restrictions.
* Experience with containers orchestration technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant, etc
* Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, CircleCI, Harness, etc.
* Exposure to service mesh platform, such as Istio, Consul, Kuma, etc
* Hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms.
* Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
* Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
* Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, leadership and collaboration skills.
* A leader in Software design software architecture, teamwork, result oriented, high energy and self-motivated cloud and enterprise technology.
* Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically
* Strategic thinking - able to identify a vision along with the plans, which need to be implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions and issues in the short, medium and long term.
* Influencing and persuading - able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Adapts to the situation and can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behavior change
Bachelor s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent years of experience.
Master’s degree a plus
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.