Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Software API Development Engineer
at CVS Health
Our server teams are focused on building out a provider search API that is used by multiple applications serving millions of our members. As the number of members using our services increase, we are looking to transition our provider search APIs to better support our members and downstream applications. Our teams will be working to refactor existing services to bring greater stability and scalability, build new services and incorporate new features.
In any given day you will:
- Contribute code and tests according to criteria established by our product team
- Work with product to break down and plan sprint work to help us achieve our long-term goals
- Write infrastructure-as-code template files (currently Cloudformation but moving to Terraform)
- Monitor, troubleshoot and support our applications in production
- Seek opportunities to improve the foundation of our code
- Learn new skills in terms of software development, engineering practices and cloud engineering
- Experience deploying and maintaining services in production serving millions of users
- Experience developing and deploying micro-services
- Experience translating large features into software designs
- An open mind about different solutions and a willingness to discuss alternatives
- 5+ years software development experience
- 3+ years API development experience
- Experience deploying and maintaining services on AWS, specifically ECS, ELB and RDS
- Experience with our current stack (Ruby, Node, AWS, Docker)
Additional Job Information
Aetna Digital seeks to change the way individuals manage their healthcare by focusing on the features that matter to our customers, building software in a modern, lean way, and deploying continuously into the cloud. As the team building out provider search APIs, we seek help our members effectively find the care they need.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.