Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Development Engineer in Test II
at CVS Health
CVS Health is embarking on a bold digital agenda to transform health care and empower millions of customers on their path to better health. We are creating innovative digital solutions that will make health care more accessible, more integrated and more reliable for more people, online and in our stores. We are looking for passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy and growing team to make a difference in customers’ lives and who want to be on the ground floor of digital innovation that aims to reinvent what a pharmacy and a health care company can be.
The "Software Development Engineer in Test II" will play a vital role as a member of the Digital Quality Engineering team in continually leading its quality strategy and ensuring the development and release of the highest quality software products & enhancing the company’s customer facing Digital experiences by collaborating in a cross functional team, on quality initiatives and automation techniques that promote the best software engineering practices.
1. Working in an agile software development environment, design both manual & automated tests and ensure alignment with all agile team members with tests that each user story will have to pass
2. Execute manual test cases including exploratory tests, and oversee & continually confirm execution & health of automated test cases. Record test results, and log issues in a test management tool. Validate fixes and review final deliverables to ensure they meet/exceed expected quality standards.
3. Continually explore & strive to identify opportunities for automation of test cases for each user story
4. Work closely with developers to assess testability aspects. Evaluate whether components can be tested independently or as a system
5. Estimate scope and size of user stories. Continually review and update estimates for upcoming user stories based on the team’s experience from previous sprints
6. Attend daily "stand-up" meetings and team level ceremonies, actively communicate and share obstacles and defects that must be prioritized for fixes by developers
3+ years of experience in test case preparation and execution
1+ year experience in one or more test case automation tools/frameworks and writing automated test cases
Ability to work in an agile scrum team environment
Strong knowledge in quality assurance processes and techniques, and good troubleshooting abilities
Excellent written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Experience or knowledge of software development methodologies, particularly agile fundamentals
Experience or solid understanding of Test Driven Development and Behavioral Driven Development strategies and approaches
Solid understanding of one or more modern industry standard software languages and frameworks for development and unit testing
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent acceptable work experience.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.