Davis Wright Tremaine
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Davis Wright Tremaine
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the stable operation of the in-house computing infrastructure in a team environment. We’re looking for someone with a highly developed technical skill set to design, implement, and operate core infrastructure, develop processes and procedures, and take a lead role in the implementation of systems projects and platforms in a diverse and dynamic technical environment.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. If you are looking to grow your career in a well-established law firm, we want to talk to you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Install, administer, and maintain core systems infrastructure such as network storage, server platforms, and fundamental network services to meet project and firm needs; including hardware preparation (disk analysis, etc.), OS and applications load, configuration and administration
- Evaluate systems infrastructure needs of the firm. Make hardware, software, and vendor recommendations. Take part in product evaluations, planning and implementation of systems, applications, and services
- Ensure interoperability between disparate onsite and hosted applications and service platforms
- Take part in creating system and platform roadmaps
- Facilitate and oversee vendor’s services and monitor performance of systems and platforms as required to ensure maximum system availability and reliability
- Implement and maintain guidelines, procedures, documentation and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and appropriate use
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation as directed to respond to reported issues with systems infrastructure and coordinate departmental resources in resolving those issues
- Assist other Information Technology (IT) teams to coordinate, develop and recommend the design of functionally centralized and distributed information systems to meet the needs of the firm
- Develop, and execute programs for continual measurement of the firm’s information systems performance and effectiveness. Evaluate reports to identify and correct deficiencies and irregular operations
- Recommend hardware/software or corrective action as needed to assure performance requirements for continuity of service, system response time, security, reporting, backup and recovery are met
- Pursue a formal and informal program of continuing education to keep informed of new developments and sharpen skills to insure that the firm is taking optimal advantage of existing and new technologies
- Coordinate, recommend and maintain standards and procedures to support the needs of the firm
- Participate in overall systems administration, maintenance and standards implementation
- Assist in the preparation of annual IT budget and meet annual budget targets
- Follow documented processes for change control and patch management
- Travel, if necessary
Join us if you have:
- Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems, network storage systems, system virtualization, or related technologies
- 5+ years’ experience operating and maintaining VMWare ESX hosts/clusters and VSphere management environments
- 5+ years’ experience operating and maintaining enterprise level storage systems (preferably Nimble Storage Systems)
- 5+ years’ experience operating and maintaining enterprise monitoring systems (preferably SolarWinds Orion)
- 5+ years’ experience operating and maintaining large network environments. WAN, SAN, Exchange and/or VMWare experience strongly preferred
- 5+ years’ experience with design and operation of server backup software
- 5+ years’ experience with various types of server hardware
- The ability to be on site during regular business hours to attend meetings, maintain personal interaction and visibility, and collaborate with team members in the Systems department
- Experience supporting mobile computing
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization, including interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service, analysis, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- An ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience; experience working with customers and staff possessing a wide range of technical expertise
- An ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- A strong attention to detail and quality control
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Must be a team player and have ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
A BS/BA in Information Technology, Engineering, Communications and previous experience in a multi-office law firm or professional services organization is helpful, but we are open to candidates from non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed.
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.