EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineering Manager - Internal
at EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
- Job ID
- # of Openings
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading the implementation and sustainment of designs and manufacturing processes to maintain a safe work environment, cost effective manufacturing practices, highly reliable product, and high productivity of the manufacturing line. They will ensure the Manufacturing and Product Engineering team work cohesively with Production Managers to produce a quality product. The position requires mentoring, training, and goal setting for the engineering team. Leadership for customer interface will be a key role of this manager. The Engineering Manager will report operationally to the Operations Manager and functionally to the Director of Engineering.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to lead engineering teams, interface with customers, and promote change as needed.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis..
- Develop technical excellence in engineers, foster teamwork, team building and cooperation.
- Organizes strategies to improve operational metrics through continuous improvement projects.
- Develops and implements methods for increased productivity, efficiency, and utilization.
- Lead/facilitate problem solving to resolve product/process issues, root cause analysis, corrective action, and sustainment.
- Drive continuous process improvement activities with 5S, waste elimination, and lean practices.
- Work with S&OP leader to properly manage stage gate process of new product introduction to manufacturing lines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in engineering or related field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in leadership role.
- 5+ years’ experience in an operational or manufacturing role required.
- Advanced knowledge of Plex ERP system preferred.
- Understands operational metrics, lean practices, 5S, and compliance to quality management systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Project.
- Highly organized, flexible and easily adaptable to changing conditions.
- Takes accountability for delivering on commitments; owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of employees and management.
- Strong presentation skills effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and customers.