EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
- Job ID
- # of Openings
The primary purpose of this position is to bring the lithium melting process up to EaglePicher specifications, improve efficiency and throughput, and reduce scrap material.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Responsible for owning rolling action item lists developed by the Powder-Pill team.
- Spec, procure, and implement equipment to improve processes
- Identification and implementation of process changes that improve safety, quality, or throughput
- Utilization of structured problem solving techniques to identify root cause and corrective actions for problems
- Actively improve and drive process, productivity and quality improvements through measurement, detailed analysis, and sustained improvement with process control methods
- Engage manufacturing personnel to provide training and guidance on manufacturing processes on a routine basis
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for manufacturing personnel
- Assist in implementing a quality system in the Commercial division of EaglePicher
- Other duties as assigned
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Be highly driven and a self-starter
- Have a four-year degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Chemical Engineering
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be a team player
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s in Engineering, Science or technical degree (Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering preferred)
- Experience in industrial engineering or scientific discipline utilizing science and engineering problem solving methods
- Experienced with handling environmentally sensitive matierals a plus
- Experienced with chemical lab environments and good lab practices
- Excellent computer skills in Windows OS and Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge and application experience utilizing statistical analysis tools such as SPC and Lean Six Sigma preferred
- Experience in data measurement, analysis and report authoring using sound statistical analysis methods
- Experience with formal process validation methods such as IQ, OQ, PQ, a plus
- Six-Sigma process improvement methods preferred
- Experience with GMP, ISO and AS-9100 quality system methods is a plus
- Good communication skills in cross-functional team environment
- Able to multi-task managing multiple different priority tasks
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.