EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Engineering Technician
at EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
- Job ID
- # of Openings
As a Manufacturing Engineering Technician at EaglePicher, you will support Manufacturing Engineering and Maintenance in providing and maintaining world-class processes, equipment, and tools to ensure batteries and energetic devices are manufactured safely and efficiently to meet the mission-critical quality standards our Defense customers demand. This role requires a hands-on approach and passion for working on the manufacturing floor to solve problems and make improvements.
- Support equipment and tooling across entire lifecycle from development, trials, installation, qualification, production, repair & preventative maintenance, obsolescence, replacement, and removal
- Tooling and fixture design
- Assist with implementation of new processes, equipment, product-specific programming, fixtures and tooling
- Troubleshoot and solve process and equipment issues
- Plan, schedule, and perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Develop process work instructions and standard operating procedures
- Collect process data, consolidate, and report on results
- Support failure investigations to determine root cause and implement correct actions
- Contribute to new product designs for manufacturability by providing input to design teams
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology or related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of machines and small parts tolerances
- Basic electrical understanding of schematics and electrical circuits
- Detail-oriented with an analytical, structured approach to problem solving
- Hands-on knowledge of automated assembly equipment.
- Hands-on precision shop skills; i.e. parts assembly under optical magnification, sample cross-sectioning, power tools, mills, lathes, grinding, welding, cutting, soldering, etc.
- Proficient computer skills and software use; Microsoft Office, CAD, 3D printing
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and team-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology or related technical discipline.
- Experience in semi-automated industrial environments
- Experience with powder metal processing (feeding, filling, weighing, pressing, granulizing, etc.)
- Experience with high precision presses, tooling and dies
- Experience with welding/metal joining (laser, resistance, tig, mig, solder, braze, etc.);
- Robotics, process, or assembly automation experience
- Exposure to automated vision & inspection
- Understanding of formal process validation methods such as IQ, OQ, PQ; or AP/QP.
- Understanding of statistical data collection, analysis and reporting;
- Machining experience with manual or CNC forms of vertical axes, lathes, grinders, etc.
- Exposure to PLC ladder logic, HMI’s, machine coding.
- Experience with 3D solid modeling software (SolidWorks or Inventor preferred)
- Experience with GD&T and engineering drawing/prints creation.