EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principle Engineer - Energetic Devices
at EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
- Job ID
- # of Openings
EaglePicher is looking for an accomplished technical leader with experience in the development of new Energetic Device technology & applications. We produce high reliability Energetic Devices which meet the challenging requirements of our medical, defense, and aerospace customers. This position offers the opportunity to be a key player in the development of our Energetic Devices for these customers, as well as supporting development of new technologies. Energetics is one of today’s most dynamic industries, and at EaglePicher you can be a principal contributor to this growing business. If you are innovative, like challenging projects, and enjoy working with dedicated engineers and scientists, you may be the right person for this job.
• Execute Energetics development projects from the first concept prototype stage through further development, validation/qualification testing, and ending in a CDR and hand-off to Operations.
• Develop and execute strategic product development plans to meet customer requirements.
• Develop processes/tooling for pilot scale manufacturing.
• Coordinate and execute product development trials. Summarize and present respective results, with conclusions, and recommendations. Interact with customers on a regular basis.
• Prepare build and process specifications, along with other engineering documents.
• Reduce cost of product and prepare cost estimates.
• Support all development phases including design refinement, validation, and pilot production.
• Develop a thorough understanding of Energetics and the Energetics development cycle, including the design and development steps required by EP and Customers to bring a product to market, and then continue to manufacture and deliver hardware.
• Take an active, hands-on role in the development and production of Energetics projects, delivering to milestones and performance objectives.
• Support projects through effective communication across multiple levels with both internal and external customers.
• Assimilate in EP’s standard systems and product development process, Plexus, scheduling, and problem solving.
• Provide technical input and cost estimates in support of key win.
• Other responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline required.
• U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
• BA/BS with 10+ years of experience, MS with 8+ years of experience or PhD with 5+ years of experience.
• Have an understanding of Energetics product design and processing.
• Possess good interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
• Be able to contribute to collaborative team environment.
• Be self-motivated and hands-on.
• Detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks.
• Be skilled in use of Microsoft Office applications (Project, Excel, Word Outlook).
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
• Previous product design and process development experience.
• Experience in Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA).
• Knowledge of Minitab, SPC, and DOE methodology.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
• Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
• 10 paid holidays and PTO;
• Matching 401K;
• Tuition reimbursement;
• Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.