East West Family of Companies
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
250 Columbine Chief Building Engineer
at East West Family of Companies
The Chief Building Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of maintaining a high rise residential building.
Supervise the implementation of all property and equipment preventive maintenance and repairs, monitor life safety systems and utilities and assist in the administration of the department in compliance with all corporate standards and local, state and national codes and regulations to protect assets, guests and associates.
Supervise the day-to-day operations. Recommend and implement procedural changes. Monitor and control expenses. Customer service, attention to detail and a proactive approach is required.
Abilities should include: HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Painting, Carpentry, Pool Maintenance, General Troubleshooting & Computer Skills.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee, coordinate and assist in the activities of the maintenance operations including but not limited to; project oversight, repairs and replacement, on-call responsibilities, contract and bid analysis and hands on maintenance repair.
- Responsible for ensuring safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the building, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment
- Recommend, implement and manage the department's budget capital expenditure plan, forecasts and objectives consistent with maintaining a first-class property and management's expectations.
- Review purchase requests and monitor expenses to ensure budgeted goals are met.
- Immediate response to emergency situations (fire, evacuations, water mitigation, equipment failures, etc.)
- Perform preventative maintenance duties including but not limited to: changing filters, replacing lights, ballast and switches, power outages, patching and painting, etc.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agencies and company directives in regard to safety and building operations.
- Maintain and ensure proper operation of life safety/fire systems/elevators.
- Ability to read and interpret As-Built drawings
- Attend all Association Board Meetings
- Participate in all required training through East West Urban Management & East West Resorts
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED equivalent. at least three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience developing and maintaining relationships with Homeowner Associations also preferred
Skilled in all facets of general business or area of specialty. Natural instincts and insight for finding the best solution to unclear issues and problems. Reflects on vast experience to determine numerous future possibilities. Can see how the details fit into the big picture. Highly capable and resourceful problem solver. Manages the creative process within an organization to develop unique solutions.
Advanced knowledge of the Building Management/Engineering profession. This includes knowledge required for management of people and complex problems.
Ability to provide information and associated services to management and HOA Board. Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal. Potentially lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying weights up to 50 lbs. and greater, for all equipment and machinery.
Frequent bending and/or kneeling throughout the day for repairs and maintenance of property, equipment and machinery.
Mobility throughout the property, all floors, varying heights and distances. Use of ladders required at times.
Limited driving on an occasional basis for supplies, equipment, etc. Generally, within 20 miles.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Variety of hand tools & power tools
Mathematical and Reasoning Skills
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Colorado Driver’s License, CPO strongly desired