Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Scope of Job Options:
The Engineering Administrator will assist in providing support to the daily operations of the Advanced Engineering Department. He/she will perform a wide variety of clerical and support duties such as creating, editing and distributing a variety of documents, compiling reports, creating presentations, and responding to requests for information from all areas within the Advanced Engineering Group.
- Maintain and create files in accordance with internal procedures.
- Update organizational charts as needed.
- Use appropriate processing, spreadsheet, database and web based software to prepare reports, memos, presentations and documents.
- Update and ensure the accuracy of the organization's databases.
- Manage vacation documentation, schedules, and summaries for department employees
- Monitor and issue bi-weekly reminders regarding PLM time to department employees
- Provide administrative support to management and other engineers.
- Oversee engineering office’s day to day operations
- Supports internal audits.
- Communicates procedures and work practices.
- Reply to general information requests with accurate information.
- Release Engineering Alerts and follow up to ensure they have been received.
- Order and manage office supplies, ensuring we have reasonable stock of everyday items.
- Maintain printer with cartridges and scheduled outsourced maintenance.
- Facilitate office storage room control, which includes employee storage, technology show lit models, and benchmark lamps.
- Coordinate office room maintenance with plant maintenance manager and follow-up on these requests
- Order lunch for internal meetings or customer visits.
- Printing and binding of various presentations
- Maintenance of engineering library including customer specifications, BOM’s, drawings, etc.
- Experienced with the use of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Conduct ISO Environmental audits on a rotational basis – approx. 3-4 times per year.
- Associates or higher degree in a technical field (Automotive preferred)
- One to two years’ experience in an administrative role within automotive industry preferred
- Must have current and valid drivers’ license for use of company vehicle. Clean driving record must be provided.
- Strong written, organizational, presentation and communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Project, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Ability to write effective memos and other basic correspondence materials.
- Must be able to read basic drawings.
- Willingness to get trained in data transfer protocols for different OEM's
- Ability to execute all job responsibilities in accordance with ISO/ TS 16949 requirements
- Has integrity and is a good team player
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.