Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Troy
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Industrial Engineer designs, develops, tests, and evaluates integrated systems for managing industrial production processes, including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis and production coordination.
- (Control Plans are currently done by QA)
- Maintain Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) documents. Conduct monthly reviews for RPN reductions and corrective action updates.
- (Rework instructions are currently done by QA)
- Ensuring that all assembly processes operate within lean manufacturing principles (Value Stream Mapping, Five S, Kanban, and poka-yoke).
- Conduct regular continuous improvement meetings with multiple departments. Document cost saving improvements for monthly review with senior management.
- Create Document Change Notices (DCCF) as related to manufacturing process improvements and update required documents.
- Maintain manufacturing process documentation, Operator Work Instructions, Work Cycle Breakdown, Packaging Instructions, Process Flow Diagrams.
- Conduct cycle time studies for equipment run at rate. Conduct periodic cycle time studies for manufacturing inefficiencies or improvements.
- Maintain press and assembly equipment GAP reports.
- Manage PLM press capacity and press assignments.
- Manage all packaging issues related issues, internal or external. Maintain a fleet log of containers and racks.
- Track and maintain Research and Development projects for periodic reviews for Tax incentives.
- Maintain Customer Tooling and Equipment logs, conduct audits to ensure labeling is maintained. Assist in any customer audits.
- Manage plant lay-out updates and assist with facility construction projects.
- Assist with Small Prog. And transfer Press Benchmarking monthly meeting.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- University Degree in Engineering
- Project Management skills and experience, if no full-time work experience
- Knowledge and/or experience in PFMEA techniques.
- Knowledge and/or experience in Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- Experience of participation in a product development team from inception to manufacturing launch including evidence of the imposition of DFM/A into the design.
- Knowledge of the requirements of TS16949 and ISO14001.
- Knowledge and execution experience of APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plans, and Process Flow.
- Proven ability to create and execute project plans that have achieved the identified targets.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to produce succinct reports/presentations to communicate status of assigned projects/tasks.
- A tenacious personality that will not let an issue be left unresolved.
- Strong leadership abilities, able to lead effective meetings.
- Quality Control background including problem solving and root cause analysis would be beneficial
- Sound technical background (hands-on) with logical deductive reasoning approach.
- Interest in developing technical skills through both internal and external training.
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.