Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Ventra Angola, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Manufacturing Engineer designs, builds and maintains machines and tools within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive operation for manufacturing processes.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes, designs new systems and processes for the introduction of new products or for the improvement of existing ones.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Prepare manufacturing proposals and estimates for new products including tooling cost requirements, and manufacturing resources.
- Participates actively and effectively in continuous improvement plans related to position responsibilities
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Devises new approaches to complex problems through adaptations and modifications of standard technical principles.
· Ensures compliance of practices, procedures and instructions relative to applicable facility standards (ISO, TS, etc);
- Performs all other tasks as assigned by management.
BS Degree or equivalent related experience in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering.
- 3-5 years’ experience preferable in one of these industries (automotive, metals, roll forming, tooling)
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes, including assembly and testing.
- Proficiency in engineering computer software (CAD, CATIA, NX etc)
- Must be a self-starter able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Solid project management skills.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills, with an emphasis on a “hands on” approach.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing principles and practices preferred.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Willing to be on the floor and get their hands dirty
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.