Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supplier Quality Engineer
- # of Openings
- Ventra Ionia Main, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Supplier Quality Engineer supports and develops sub-suppliers review and approve supplier ppap promotes plant wide quality improvement efforts. Lead and maintain supplier PPAP Process and supports supplier problem solving activities. Evaluate and develop improvement techniques for quality and reliability. Maintain and report on supplier quality systems using Process Audits (Layered, Flex-N-Gate, Customer required, Control plan audits). Works with employees, suppliers and customers to produce quality products that meet or exceed the customer and plant's requirements. Coordinates Supplier Corrective Action and Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Handle supplier issues. Review supplier testing and ppap requirements; ensure that systems are in place to meet them.
- Work with suppliers to ensure testing requirements are being met and oversee PPAP process.
- Ensure production is producing quality product to specifications.
- Support upkeep of the calibration system. Maintain records, ensure gages and equipment are calibrated within required time.
- Provide support onsite to suppliers as needed.
- Support prototype builds, monitor supplier early development (document according to prototype checklist inspection process).
- Collect data and report monthly; and work between suppliers and Ventra Ionia to resolve issues.
- Support manufacturing in the development of job instructions and procedures.
- Document all activities as required.
- Provide support and maintain compliance with all company guidelines, union contracts, IATF 16949, ISO 9001, and all applicable government regulations and standards.
- Define and implement “Customers indicators” to monitor the satisfaction level of the customer and reporting to management.
- Makes decisions with regard to disposition of non-conforming material and that proper containment and follow up is complete.
- Perform additional assignments per manager’s direction.
- Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Supplier debit process.
- Preferred Certified Quality Engineer Certificate
- Preferred 3-5 years’ of related work experience.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma
- Knowledge of production process, machines, tools, including design and uses.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal and external customer service skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- GDT/Blueprint reading
- Engineering specifications and understanding
- CMM/Layout measurement
- Core Tools
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.