Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
B&M Account Engineer - Forest Products
at FM Global
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Work Location
- Works from an office location
- Employee Type
- Engineering - Account Engineer
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
FM Global Forest Products Operations is looking for a B&M Account Engineer to be part of our operations and be responsible for Account Engineering duties throughout the United States. This position will be based in the Dallas, TX or Atlanta, GA office and report to Forest Products Operations.
On an account wide and corporate basis, this individual evaluates and assesses the nature, probability and magnitude of loss potential and communicates this to a customer/prospect and account team. The incumbent prioritizes the exposures, ensures the customer understands the hazard and the risk to their facilities, agrees to the solution and implements the needed changes. Through teamwork with FM Global field engineering, underwriting, claims and new business development, the Account Engineer provides a responsive service with innovative solutions to challenges that will foster long-term customer relationships.
The incumbent is involved in high challenged Forest Products accounts that have complex processes, unique occupancy hazards, and multi-location interdependencies.
The candidate will:
- With OEM guidance, develop and manage an engineering resource plan that meets company and individual customer/prospect needs.
- Accurately assess and evaluate global risk information to obtain a competitive advantage for our customers, prospective customers and FM Global.
- Manage the achievement of global engineering consistency on an account basis.
- Obtain customer/prospect understanding and agreement on the key hazards and the corporate impact of the exposures.
- Consistently achieve risk improvement on a corporate basis.
- Effectively manage change with corporate customers.
- Manage the customer engineering relationship.
- Consistently illustrate value-added differential of FM Global engineering to our corporate customer/prospect.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering as well as 5 years experience as a loss prevention consultant along with the following qualifications:
- Must have a good knowledge and preferable to have been servicing large Forest Products paper mill locations. It is preferred to have been focused on the Boiler and Machinery Hazards side of the operations. Applicants should have experience with large BLRB’s, Turbine Generators, digesters, kilns, electrical exposures and paper machines and other common hazards associated with pulp and paper mill accounts.
- Excellent communication, presentation, selling, time management, analytical and teamwork skills
- Well founded in engineering principles and well versed in many phases of industrial loss prevention, including general knowledge of mechanical and electrical integrity.
- A strong risk identification and quantification skills, including interdependencies and business impact
- Ability to balance attention to detail with focus on key objectives
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills
- Basic knowledge of insurance concepts
- A willingness to travel throughout the US.