Freedom Financial Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Front End Engineer
at Freedom Financial Network
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network (FFN) has seen tremendous growth since its origins in a Menlo Park, CA garage in 2002. We have over 2,000 employees based in our San Mateo, CA and Phoenix, AZ offices and are on a continued rapid growth trajectory. We have appeared multiple times on the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies list and have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work, many years running, in both the San Francisco Business Times and the Phoenix Business Journal. We (under the name Freedom Debt Relief) are the country’s leading provider of debt resolution services; we have resolved over $8 billion in debt — more than any other company. We started our second major business, in personal loans, in 2014 – and have made well over $1 billion of unsecured personal loans since that time. Now, we are making our foray into mortgage lending. Lendage is our newest product line, having begun mortgage loan origination in the second half of 2018. We are confident that our unique approach to the mortgage business gives us a tremendous opportunity to succeed, even at a time that other mortgage lenders are retrenching or exiting the business.
Currently, originating a mortgage loan is a complex and costly endeavor. Our vision is to build processes and technology platforms that scale and use every opportunity for automation and the application of analytics and machine intelligence to improve decision making and insight, in order to improve efficiency and make for a dramatically better overall customer experience. We need a talented Front End Engineer who brings good understanding of user experience and is capable of rapidly developing high fidelity Web and Mobile Applications. As our first Front End engineer, you will play a critical role in helping build Lendage into a rapidly growing mortgage lender in 2019 and beyond.
While are looking for a ReactJS professional, we are very open to any strong OOJS Engineer that has experience building single page applications (SPAs) and is serious about learning React.
- Utilize Angular/AngularJS to build adaptive single-page and multi-pages applications in a production environment.
- Occasionally build new pages / templates / modules on WordPress
- Implement the back-office workflows pages by integrating with Business Process Management systems
- Participate in the design of the workflows and user interactions to provide the best user experience and streamline the application flows
- Implement well-designed responsive web-based user interfaces using React for desktop and mobile devices
- Participate in the design of front-end/back-end REST protocols
- Implement automated testing for the front-end applications
- Work in an agile team with product owners and engineers in a collaborative environment
- Overall 7+ years of background in software development
- Proven experiences of A/B testing, ideally using Optimizely
- Experience of WordPress (basic usage + coding of templates or plugins)
- Frameworks: Angular/AngularJS is required. React / Redux is a big plus.
- Web Concepts: Flux, REST, JSON
- Expert knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 REST API consumption
- Grunt and Gulp is a plus
- Knowledge of SASS is a plus
- Well-factored codebases with thorough test coverage - experience in continuous integration and delivery.
- Experience working in Agile Methodology
- Ability to solve problems quickly and independently, but with a strong team spirit (helping others, asking for help, and global responsibility and accountability)
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!