Freedom Financial Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Java Engineer
at Freedom Financial Network
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2300 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
As Senior Java Developer with Freedom Financial Network in its Tempe, AZ office, this position will report to Senior Manager of Engineering but will work closely with Product team and Software Engineers.
You will join a top performing team that consistently delivers bug-free features with high ownership on future maintenance.
- Effectively manage your time with the product team and take ownership of project deliverables.
- Follow scrum processes and plan/groom on technical feature development.
- Take part in architecture design sessions along with the team.
- Deliver high-quality code to production.
- Minimum of Seven (7) years’ experience in designing, developing, building, and implementing software systems in a team environment
- Minimum of Five (5) years programming in Java and/or any of the newer JS frameworks.
- Minimum of Four (4) years using Spring Framework and ORM
- Strong Object oriented programming knowledge along with good understanding of algorithms, data structures and design patterns
- Expertise with design/development of RESTful API web services
- Expertise in handling project initiatives and converting business requirements to technical specs
- At a minimum have a good understanding of cloud infrastructure however a prior hands-on experience working with any cloud will be preferred.
- Experience with the following technologies: Java (any of the newer versions), Spring, ORM, MySQL, MongoDB (any nosql), Tomcat, Web-services
- Linux/Unix experience
- Prior working experience with messaging systems (Apache ActiveMQ , google pub/sub, Kafka, RabbitMQ or any similar systems)
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or relevant experience in software development
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!