Freedom Financial Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Software Engineer
at Freedom Financial Network
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Freedom Financial Network is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for the Contact Center Platform Systems team. The Contact Center Platform System team is a cross functional team consisting of engineers with varied skillsets coming together to deliver call center solutions for Freedom Financials Networks business needs. As part of Freedoms forward looking commitment to agile transformation, our aim is to fill this role with someone who will be a beacon of Freedoms core values: Care, Integrity, Getting Better, and Collaboration. These values are a large part of the culture at Freedom Financial Network, and as part of the Contact Center Platform team, it is our goal to increase the effectiveness of our agents, while taking into account the future direction of contact center technology and engineering in a way that can pivot quickly to meet the demands of an ever changing financial service industry, while also getting better at what we do continually, and engaging in our jobs with care for the customer.
The purpose of this position is to add/maintain/modify/optimize capabilities for our Contact Center Platform Systems in order to meet rapidly changing business needs. This position should be a thought leader and mentor in furthering our mission to be forward thinking and engage in agile transformation and DevOps as a mindset for engineering and production deployment at Freedom.
- Create application storyboards for business use cases and translate them into functional solutions
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code solutions a variety of Contact Center Platform systems and integrations including PureConnect, Twilio, Salesforce, QuickBase, and other 3rd party Restful API endpoint integrations
- Engage in and be a mentor for Dev Ops and CI/CD practices with the end goal of accomplishing better code quality and delivery cadence for the various services and projects of the Contact Center Platform
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications and systems
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions
- Participate in or lead a team that embraces Agile methodology
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Significant applicable experience will be considered in lieu of education
- Strong object oriented programming experience with understanding of algorithms, structures and design patterns
- Provide mentoring and leadership to junior staff for technical matters
- Proficiency in Java and experience with java based automation frameworks and tools
- Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems and the .NET framework
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding of web based APIs, such as RESTful and SOAP services
- Understanding of micro service architecture and scalable web solutions e.g. Kubernetes
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and other database systems
- Understanding of Cloud distribution platforms (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure) and containerization
- Understanding of Windows operating system concepts
- Understanding of virtual machine architecture and concepts
- Understanding of code versioning, coverage, and review tools
- Ability to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Ability to create reusable, maintainable and well documented code and solutions
- Ability to create IVRs and handlers that represent and support business processes
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams in a Dev Ops mindset
- Proficiency in handler development within the PureConnect/CIC stack
- Familiarity with GoLang
- Familiarity with various design and architectural patterns common in omnichannel systems
- Familiarity with contact/call center and financial services business scenarios and technologies
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
- Familiarity with Genesys ICWS API
- Familiarity with other web application development ecosystems such as LAMP and Node.js
- Knowledge and experience with Twilio
- Experience within the Financial Services domain, or other regulated industries
- Experience with web application frameworks such as Nancy, Razor and MVC5
- Experience with IIS administration
- Experience with Salesforce and/or QuickBase
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Leadership opportunities – manage a team of your own!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.