Freedom Financial Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Software Engineer FDR Marketing
at Freedom Financial Network
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2300 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
We're experiencing rapid growth in an expanding marketplace, and we have an urgent need for additional software engineering talent. As Senior Full Stack Developer with Freedom Financial Network, your position will primarily consist of development using Node.js and modern front-end tools to create new applications that help people improve their financial well-being. You’ll work in a fast-paced, agile environment on a small team that takes complete ownership of projects, from ideation to release, fully results driven. Are you excited to work on technologies like React, Node.js, and deploying to the cloud? If yes, then this is the opportunity you are looking for!
- Implement well-designed web-based user interfaces using React
- Participate in the architecture and implementation of micro-services
- Implement automated testing using unit tests
- Integrate web services with third party APIs
- Work in an agile team with product owners and engineers in a collaborative environment
- Overall 7+ years of experience in building software solutions
- Working experience with one or more of these frameworks: Node.js, React / Redux, Spring Boot
- Working experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience working with any/all of these web concepts: Flux, REST, JSON, and JWT
- Worked in Agile Methodology and very comfortable in turning out bug free solutions in short and efficient sprints.
- Familiar with: AWS, GCP, Python, Marketing, and/or Salesforce is a plus
- Ability to solve problems quickly and independently, but with a strong team spirit (helping others, asking for help, and global responsibility and accountability)
- Prior experience working in a marketing/advertising industry.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!