Freedom Financial Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Freedom Financial Network
As a part of the Infrastructure team, the Systems Engineer position focuses heavily on working together within the team on projects identified and prioritized by the Infrastructure Manager. Communication with other non-technical groups is required for soliciting business line needs and requirements. Project work is cradle-to-grave, including, but not limited to: design, architecture, validation, implementation, documentation, the technical training of the Service Desk staff to hand off daily support of projects, while serving as a long-term support escalation point. Monitor and maintain existing infrastructure and collaboration with all IT groups to support the internal user base and upholding InfoSec initiatives. Timely response to assigned tickets. Manage and monitoring of systems patching, backup and DR systems and the overall health of the infrastructure. Review thresholds for accurate alerting in tandem with NOC functions. Manage and monitor Endpoint Security and Content Filtering systems, license levels, updates, and threats. Manage and monitor enterprise print systems. Help to identify, create, and maintain areas of workflow automation. Adherence to ITIL standards and change management practices. Occasional travel between locations and other IT projects as assigned by management.
- Project design/architecture/management as directed by Manager
- Hands-on implementation
- Project documentation
- Data Center Support
Escalated Technical Support
- Provide desktop support to end users and IT Support Technicians for escalated issues
- Interfaces with other departments and vendors to mitigate and resolve technology problems
- Completing assigned tickets within expected timeframe
- Installation (Manual and Automated rollouts)
- Configuration management
- Test and evaluate existing and new solutions.
- Patch Management
- Security management – Endpoint Security, Encryption, EMM/MDM, inbound Email security, DLP
Hardware and Systems Management
- Desktop and Server management (Physical/Virtual, Local/Remote)
- Backup systems management and DR replication
- Network, Systems, Environmental, and Power Monitoring System
- User and Computer Administration
- Create and maintain Active Directory for groups and policies (add, remove, update)
- Create and maintain users for enterprise systems (Fax, CTI, DMS, Office Productivity, etc.)
- Create and maintain shared directories to ensure availability with appropriate security
IT Training and Documentation
- Trains and mentors IT support personnel, and end users as needed
- Documents and maintains technical reference library to support currently installed technology
- Identifies training needs and opportunities with self and others
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience in Computer Science, Business Management, or MIS
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing Active Directory in a corporate environment
- Minimum of 5 years’ Server, Desktop, and Network support in a corporate environment
- Minimum of 3 years’ VMware support in a corporate environment
- Experience supporting Office 365 email
- This position does require the ability to stand for long periods of time, bending, and ability to lift weights of over 50lbs. regularly
- Periodic travel to our San Mateo, CA office may be required up to 15% of your time.
- We are not able to offer sponsorship for this role.
- Working knowledge of project management
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Customer service and technical support skills
- Microsoft Certifications/Application Platform experience
- VMWare VCP
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure experience via VMWare Horizon
- Experience with Veeam
- Pure Storage
- Cisco HyperFlex, CCNA /Security
- Ability to follow documented procedures and develop new procedures and documents
- Data Center/DCIM experience
- Highly motivated self-starter with an extreme attention to detail
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines while maintaining professionalism and managing stress
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- DevOps with focus on workflow automation
- Ability to identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions
- Encourages fellow team members to make innovative contributions and embrace new ideas
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledgebase and proficiencies
- Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2ndyear in a row!
- Leadership opportunities – manage a team of your own!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!