Gilmore & Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Engineer- Municipal
at Gilmore & Associates
The Project Engineer executes technical work assignments and may be responsible for managing municipal projects from start to finish and handling the day-to-day tasks that accompany representing a municipality. They may take an active role with clients and in public meetings, and may also direct junior level staff.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Market, sell and cross-sell professional services for all disciplines and office locations
- Assist Project Manager to establish new and maintain existing relationships with clients, subcontractors, etc.
- Attend required public meetings; Planning Commission, Board of Supervisors, Zoning Hearing Board, etc.
- Provide design services and project management on municipal capital improvement projects
- Prepare Federal and State regulatory permit applications and plans
- Prepare bid plans and specifications
- Perform site investigations, construction observation and field reconnaissance
- Review subdivision and land development plans for compliance with applicable municipal ordinances
- Prioritize and manage multiple clients/projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related area
- Registered Professional Engineer in Pennsylvania
- 4+ years of Municipal Engineering experience
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Some project management experience
- Some experience with managing support staff
- Organized and detailed oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates the highest degree of ethical behavior and candor
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills including the ability to compose letters and complex reports and to orally communicate technical information to others in public presentations
- Possesses knowledge of the Municipal approval process and is able to interpret ordinance requirements
- Possesses knowledge of the MS4 permitting requirements
- Ability to interact with Federal, State & Local government agencies and officials
- Ability to work independently and as part of a project team
- Able to perform in an environment that requires independent evaluation, judgment and decision making
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate with others to explore alternative solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, AutoCAD (preferably Civil 3D) and hydraulics/hydrology software
Essential Position Requirements:
- Occasional regional travel required
Ability to work additional and/or nonstandard office hours, as required
We will not sponsor applicants for work visas
Gilmore & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply via our website