Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Infrastructure Solutions Architect
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
- Information Technology
The Infrastructure Solutions Architect, under the general direction from the VP, will assist in the day-to-day tasks critical to the team’s success. Architect will work with Project Managers, Technology Leaders and Business Solution Architects to provide technical guidance and designs plus documentation to support security and infrastructure changes to the GMF environment. This individual will need to identify how projects will require infrastructure or security involvement and determine what area of support to engage. They will attend project meetings when necessary and assist in gathering and documenting infrastructure and security requirements. This individual will also become thoroughly familiar with all compliance, regulatory and security requirements adhering to all corporate policies and standards. This person needs to be very experienced in technology with planning and coordination skills. An energetic, solution minded personality with drive, attention to details and excellent communication skills will be needed for success in this position.
- Serves as infrastructure architecture expert for the multi-disciplinary project teams
- Collaborates with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the artifacts as needed.
- Has extensive experience delivering infrastructure solutions; develops the technical strategy for the projects and acts as SME to program/project teams in the plan, design, and delivery of solutions.
- Accountable for taking the designs though the formal review process
- Develops and drives short & long term infrastructure strategy for the overall IT project portfolio
- Advises teams of GM Financial standard requirements, security standards, methodology and processes.
- Assists project teams in estimating the architecture design effort and in developing/ reviewing/ approving architecture designs.
- Advises project teams on the application of standards/methodology practices to the project.
- Contributes to the development of RFPs/SOWs and participates in the vendor selection process.
- Regularly communicates project health and identifies risks to project and program stakeholders, sponsors, and management.
- Knowledge of standards in IT architecture and infrastructure
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to architectural needs
- Knowledge of enterprise platforms and operating systems or Knowledge of key business functions and processes
- Ability to develop enterprise guidelines and standards
- Ability to interact with and provide architectural design guidance to project teams made up of employee and/or supplier resources
- Ability to effectively communicate with other senior leaders of IT on program strategies and plans and negotiate quality solutions
- Must be able to work with limited to moderate direct supervision.
- Proven Infrastructure Architecture experience across multiple domains
- Experience with project management best practices such as PMI, Waterfall, Lean, Six Sigma and Agile
- Bachelor's degree in computer science is preferred.
- 3 to 5 years work experience in infrastructure architecture
- Greater than 10 years in general Information Technology