Grand Canyon University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time Electrician. This position is responsible for installations and repairs of electrical systems across the university.
The schedule for this position is Saturday - Wednesday, 9:00am - 6:00pm.
* Plans layout, installs, and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment, such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels, fastening in place with screws or bolts, using hand tools and power tools.
* Install, maintain, modify and repair all electrical distribution systems and associated electrical equipment
* Remain in compliance with current National Electric Code
* Inspect and test components of electrical systems, including transformers, transfer switches and switch gears
* Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices
* Able to identify issues and make corrective measures to fix problems with electrical components.
* Obtains price quotations on materials needed; submits purchasing orders for approval.
* Effectively handles electrical installation/repair work orders and completes on schedule.
* Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
* Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
* Utilizes work order system to record detailed handling of scheduled assignment including hours needed to complete assignment.
* Part of a rotating list of on-call personnel.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an electrician, minimum experience in working with commercial electrical systems at least 2 years.
* Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
* Must be available to work on call shifts as assigned.
* Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the role which require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and carrying of electrical components and other materials required for repair or installation.
* Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.