Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Engineering
Job Reference #: 9447_1524735
Categories: Engineering/Architecture, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
The Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel is seeking a seasoned, professional Director of Engineering to properly manage the asset and entire Engineering Department.
The Sheraton is owned and operated by Shamin Hotels. We are central Virginia's largest hotel management company! Having tripled in size to 60 hotels over the past ten years and with an aggressive portfolio across full and select service brands, we also own and operate hotels under Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, InterContinental and Choice flags.
* Supervises maintenance persons: autonomy in hiring, firing, scheduling, performance evaluations, training and development.
* Establishes and maintains cost control systems for staffing, maintenance supplies, and maintenance equipment.
* Enforce policies and procedures.
* Ensures that the proper key controls are in effect.
* Ensures quality services are rendered in meeting guest needs and that guest relations are enhanced.
* Schedules staff according to labor standards and forecasted occupancy.
* Maintains room quality based on hotel objectives.
* Monitors and maintains level of operating efficiency of all mechanical systems. Outlines and implements a routine preventative maintenance program.
* Complies with Shamin maintenance requirements as outlined in the maintenance binder.
* Participates in the Manager on Duty program with other EC members
* Manages hotel preparedness for emergencies.
* Enforces standard procedures for the key control.
* Maintains productivity and labor cost goals.
* Conducts inventories of tools & equipment quarterly.
* Orders and receives supplies so as to maintain adequate inventory levels.
* Ensures staff interacts with guests in a warm and friendly manner.
* Knows and complies with all company policies and procedures pertaining to this position and its duties.
* Rewards employees who use their empowerment to meet or exceed guest expectations.
* Responds to guest's maintenance requests and questions and resolves their need quickly and efficiently.
* Responsible for training, motivating and supporting subordinate staff to ensure quality service.
* Counsels, coaches, disciplines and documents performance of staff.
* Organizes and participates in meetings and maintains records and data pertaining to Property.
* Coordinates with outside contractors.
* Maintains a clean and safe pool area.
* Maintains quality of appearance of interior and exterior of hotel.
* Is responsible for safe operation of all equipment, chemicals, and lockout procedures.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which will include wearing proper uniform and nametag.
* Perform any other duties assigned by management.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!