Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Engineering
Job Reference #: 9447_1541265
Categories: Engineering/Architecture, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
To maintain all areas of The Mountain Lodge at Telluride in accordance with regulatory agencies, local and state requirements, owners and guests standards by performing and managing the maintenance functions of the Mountain Lodge.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned. Management also reserves the right to change or modify position descriptions from time-to-time to meet the needs of the business with or without notice).
* Hiring and maintaining an effective work force appropriate for a luxury property.
* Establishing preventative maintenance programs for all equipment, systems, guestrooms and public areas,
* Ensuring all work is conducted in a safe and efficient manner
* Coordinating and implementing capital improvement projects
* Oversees/develops Engineering Department(s) operating budget(s) according to established policy
* Establish, maintain and manage dept. budgets and monthly forecasts
* Manage outside contracts
* Prioritize and distribute work orders and manage work flow within the department
* Responsible and accountable for the upkeep, repair and renovation of a luxury property
* Ensure property meets all regulatory requirements
* Reports any hazards or injuries in the department or hotel and takes immediate action to correct
* Work with representatives of insurance company to ensure proper asset protection
* Ensure record keeping is maintained to appropriate standards
* Ensure proper key control system is in place and maintained
* Deviations of hotel policies and procedures which come to the Director of Engineering's attention are reported to the General Manager.
* Maintain good owners' relations
* Manage all capital projects to ensure projects are completed on time and at or under budget.
* Ensures associates attend courses or seminars to remain current on proper techniques
* Performs periodic, walk through/visual inspections of all property assets to determine condition, establish maintenance priorities and highlight areas where need for improvement exists
* Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing genuine hospitality and by exceeding guest expectations
* Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
* Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
* Performs other duties as required
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!