Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Millwright / Electrician
US OR Springfield
Millwright / Electrician
This exciting opportunity is part of Hexion Inc.
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries.
Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
- High School grad or equivalent.
- Oregon state LME license preferred. Will consider a Millwright license in lieu of the LME.
Position will support day to day operations through the execution of maintenance activities across the plant. This includes completing assigned work orders and supporting production equipment reliability to minimize production downtime.
- Completes daily work orders as scheduled adn assigned by the maintenance supervisor.
- Utilizes production management system to update work order status.
- Perform electrical system maintenance and repairs
- Perform mechanical installations in the field.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems, determine maintenance solutions, and execute.
- Proactively identify and report maintenance needs for facility improvement.
- Respond to plant needs when on call during and occasionally during off hours.
- Create line drawings for new electrical installations.
- Position requires the use of daily company provided PPE such as steel toed boots.shoes, sealed eyewear, hard hat, and intermittent use of chemical safety garments and respirators.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Familiarity and experience working on equipment used in the process industries, i.e. Pumps, valves, tanks, compressors, generators, boilers, chillers, scrubbers.
- Process safety management experience.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience around LOTO, confined space entry, hot work, high work, etc.
- Must be physically capable of working from heights, climbing ladders, walking up stairs, bending, ability to lift 50 pounds regularly.
- Experience working with all contractor trades.
- Oregon state LME preferred
- Interest in obtaining electrical license is a plus
- A minimum of 3 years of maintenance experience preferably in the chemical process industries (refining, petrochemical, pulp/paper, pharma, or related).
Percent of Travel