Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
This exciting opportunity is part of Hexion Inc.
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries.
Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
Disclaimer: We are not seeking or accepting unsolicited assistance from search and selection firms or employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, do not contact any our employees by phone, email or otherwise about this position. Any resume submitted by a search and selection firm or employment agency for a position to any employee via email, social media or any other means without the existence of a valid written search firm agreement for this position will be deemed deemed the sole property of the Company. The Company will not be obligated to pay any cost or fee in the event it offers employment to or hires a candidate that came to its attention through such unsolicited referral.
BS Engineering or equivalent combination of education and process (design) experience.
The Production Engineer functions as the No. 2 person at the Botlek site, performing supervisory duties as assigned.
The Production Engineer is primarily responsible for the execution of preventive maintenance programs and brake down maintenance and the execution of production related activities. In addition the Production Engineer helps to execute capital projects and MI related activities.
In order to be successful in this position, Production Engineer works closely with the Site Leader, operations and site contractors. In addition the Production Engineer works closely other teams within the Hexion organization. The Production Engineer works with manufacturing leadership to ensure EH&S and production targets are met. He/She also collaborates with the EU FM Technology Engineer and the EU Project Engineering Manager for functional development to manage the production engineering activities in an effective manner addressing the need of the business on a case to case business. The Production Engineer drives quality, capacity creation and effective efficiency initiatives in order to achieve plant goals.
Provide assistance, coaching, technical advice and operation advise to the Botlek site operations team on production related activities;
• Monitor, ensure and optimize manufacturing operation targets. Production metrics include but are not limited to: Metric Tonnes Produced, Effective Efficiency, FM Yield, Demonstrated Capacity & Utilization; Customer Concerns per 1000 shipments;
• Execute and design (if required) operational improvements to increase productivity, effective efficiency, and capacity creation, utilizing KPI’s to drive this improvement;
• Participate with EU Regional Engineering resources for plant design issues and upgrades;
• Participate actively in Process Hazard Analyses as an SME;
• Ensure EH&S standards are adhered to in the execution of all production activities;
• Responsibility to comply with all Company rules for health and safety and to co-operate with the Company to ensure that all statutory duties are undertaken in line with appropriate legislation;
• Support identified needs of the quality group to ensure entitlement and to improve product quality;
• Reduce variability and inconsistency in the production process;
• Work with the Global Maintenance and Reliability group to improve equipment reliability and total life cycle costs;
• Lead or participate in project teams including capital, non-capital and Six Sigma. Applies Six Sigma DMAIC methodologies where applicable;
• Execute required annual training and provide technical assistance to plant personnel in order to drive understanding of the formaldehyde process;
• Work within established work processes and systems for successful delivery against targets. These work processes include capacity creation, effective efficiency, MOC, SAP, etc.;
• Lead troubleshooting of significant processing and production issues at the site;
• Lead or participate in process incident investigations;
• Willing to be on call for up to 26 weeks a year;
• Other duties as assigned by the Botlek Site Leader.
Strategic Focus and Direction:
• Builds relationships with customers and internal partners;
• Understands the division's / business unit's strategic plan;
• Understands relationship between business plans and team/unit and role;
• Identifies problems in attaining planned goals or work and proposes solutions.
Trust and Teamwork:
• Displays correct, professional business etiquette in all interactions;
• Understands that there are different approaches when making decisions and utilizes as appropriate;
• Compiles and presents information in a manner easily understood by others;
• Collaborates to enhance team efforts through personal contributions. Places team success above personal success;
• Communicates directly, honestly, and respectfully to gain cooperation and resolve conflicts with others.
• Evaluates and plans the use of resources to obtain efficiencies wherever possible;
• Accepts responsibility for the consequences of personal actions;
• Acts in a manner consistent with Hexion’s core values;
• Displays a positive attitude and willingness to make the necessary effort to accomplish goals;
• Demonstrates accountability for own work, personal and professional development;
• Recognizes and considers cultural differences in a respectful manner.
Achieve Business Results:
• Accomplishes assignments on time and contributes to continuously improve work flow and – processes;
• Plans, organizes and completes projects and functional work to accomplish goals and assignments;
• Accomplishes expectations and delivers goals and work timely and efficiently.
• At least 2 – 3 years chemical plant experience, up to 5 years chemical plant experience preferred;
• Experience with maintenance and operational;
• People with a strong maintenance background are also invited to apply for the function.
• Fluent in Dutch and English, both written and spoken;
• Working knowledge of Electronic Data Management Systems;
• SAP working knowledge in the areas around standard costs.