Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Doc. Svcs. - Senior QA Engineer
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
At Homesite, a QA Engineer is a functional tester. A Senior (Sr) QA Engineer is a manual functional tester who has built technical and management skill and can operate at a higher level than a functional tester. A Sr QA Engineer can be trusted to "run point" on larger projects and be trusted to implement test plan templates, uphold defect standards, and run defect triage meetings with business partners.
A Sr QA Engineer will have begun training and earning certifications (passing tests) in writing test automation code. This includes integration endpoint-based test tools like Soap UI Pro, Jenkins, Load UI Pro, and ServiceV Pro, and NodeJS/Selenium for UI automation.
Designing and managing testing at Homesite means working with other delivery roles like Product Owners, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, and of course Developers to ensure efficient workable test plans, accountability to metrics, and collaboration across the QA team. These practices require sound judgment, assessment, communication, risk calculation, creation of reusable templates, modular code design, and a personal behavioral style that is open, direct, creative, patient, and helpful.
We strive to be the highest performing QA team in our industry. Each person is expected to be self-reflective and transparent in their thinking. This role demands strong interpersonal communication across lead engineers, architects, project managers, and program managers. This role directly influences test management for one or two large projects.
- Participate in the product life-cycle from design to commercial release
- Develop and implement test strategies, test plans, standards and processes
- Develop test cases and collaborate in the development of automated testing scripts
- Work with technical support and core development engineers to address product scalability, usability, reliability, functionality, and performance
- Establish requirements, Evaluate and Recommend test automation tools.
- Define processes and standards for implementing test automation.
- Manage the Test Environments to ensure the integrity and accuracy of all regression testing.
- Assist project team members with infrastructure and application data generation.
- Evaluate overall system usability, Work tightly with business partners, application development, architecture, infrastructure and engineering groups for full breath of application regression testing
- Work closely with the test management teams to establish testing environment state, Data staging, test Data management.
- 3+ years of related software quality assurance experience
- 3+ years of experience in software development, with work on entire product lifecycle.
- Strong technical background
- Experience using standard QA software tools
- Comprehensive understanding of QA methodologies and how to adapt them to the specifc needs of an organization and product set
- Experience with at least two of the following test automation software: SilkTest, QTP, WinRunner, Rational Robot, Fanfare iTest, TestComplete, Selenium, WebLoad.
- Strong database skills with hands on SQL query writing and back end validation.
- Good knowledge and experience in software testing methodology, test development, and test execution involving multiple types of testing (e.g., Functional, System, Integration, Regression, and Performance).
- Must have proven skills in defect documentation and creation of solid testing artifacts
- Must have solid foundation with test automation concepts and methods including an understanding of black box, grey box and white box testing.
- Self-starter and independent. Strong trouble shooting skills.
- Preference for working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while juggling multiple project
- Excellent communication skills and a team player willing to go all out to find a solution.
- Strong sense of self-motivation, organization and strong analytical skills
- Has a continue interest to learn new things
Nice to Have
- Automated testing experience preferred
- Familiarity with Jmeter, Load Runner and/or other similar test automation tools
- Experience in using SOAP UI or similar web services test tools for API testing
- Experience working with team collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Ability to dig in and execute to plan, while learning and growing along the way
- Insurance Industry experience a plus, but not required
Level of Education Required
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience in a technical area, preferably computer science or engineering.
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!